Look out St George......

Submitted: Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 07:03
ThreadID: 57161 Views:2326 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Here we come. We are off to St George this afternoon to get some stuff organised for Innamincka. I am going to get a load of firewood cut ready to take out to Innamincka, any suggestions as to what size will be needed?? I was thinking lengths about a foot long in various diameters. There will be close to a full 8 x 5 load so I don't think we will run short (especially if Willem is bringing some as well).
I finally changed the fuel filter in Darkie so I will be interested to see how the fuel economy goes for the trip as there was a lot of crap in the old filter and Darkie appears to run smoother now (but that may be wishful thinking LOL).

I am going to go to the winery in St George and get a Condamine Bell of port and possible an RMW pottery boot as well for the raffel/auction.

John T I will see if I can get hold of some horse shoes for you as well. I know that I can get standard shoes but not the Clydesdales ones, does that matter??

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 08:41

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 08:41
While your at the RMW shop, I need a new polo shirt with the blue and the 75yr marking on it.....!! It had a run in with the bleech!....oh and a new Akubra (check my photo out - that will prove it!) and a new pair of boots and jeans...shouldnt break the bank too much!!LOL!!!!hehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im starting to be on the lookout for some prizes....of some sort!

I guess Im in for a quiet weekend then Kev! Kinda sick of ya voice anyway!!LOL!! Dont have too much fun back home!
AnswerID: 301416

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 09:05

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 09:05
I am going to a winery not an RMW outlet.

Get back to fixing your velcro gloves LOL

Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 567510

Follow Up By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 09:09

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 09:09
you can still go for me!

me gloves are working well thankyou very much!! Going to be put to use anytime after 9th June...so look out Cavan Station!
FollowupID: 567511

Reply By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 09:34

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 09:34
Do they still make that "f####n good port" out that way? ....could be good for a prize or two.

Andrew

AnswerID: 301426

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 11:06

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 11:06
Yes they do, That's why I am getting them, I might auction them off instead as it is to good to raffle

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 567530

Reply By: Member - John T (NSW) - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 11:22

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 11:22
Kev

I've just been talking to my winery down in the Hunter Valley - have ordered 2 cases of red - thought I'd bring at least 1 case with us to drink (LOL) and perhaps the other for prizes.

Horse shoes should be with me on Monday next week so I was told a few minutes ago. Grab some if you want mate - we may well have to hold elimination heats so will need a few pairs.

I'll see if I can scare up some "rules" for a fishing comp - we will need a few prizes for this - I might ask a couple of the local tackle shops if they'll do a deal for us.

I'll be bringing a bit of firewood with us too - will cut some longish bits that will get strapped to the boat rack on the Trak Shak but will not be doing that until we get to Bourke - the Nissan is going to use heaps of fuel without dragging more weight behind it.

Cheers

PS will be away next 3 days so will check EO Monday night
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 301435

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 11:51

Thursday, May 01, 2008 at 11:51
I will be away in about 1.5 hours ha ha

The firewood will be about the only thing I will have in the trailer at this stage :)

I will let you know how many shoe I can get hold of.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 567534

Sponsored Links