Garmin Colorado

Submitted: Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 17:35
ThreadID: 57266 Views:2023 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
There are any number of overseas suppliers of the Garmin Colorado on eBay, selling for US$450(ish), yet they appear to be over AUD$800 locally - what's the difference since they all seem to have a world base map?

I like to buy local, but not for a 25% discount......... or am I missing something?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 18:31

Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 18:31
Hello - same unit - different price. Only issue I am lead to believe is that Aus distributors wont/cant honour OS warranty . This may change in the nearr future as Garmin are apparently moving an office to Aus.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 302012

Follow Up By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 21:09

Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 21:09
I doubt it will change the warranty thing.

Non of the major brands will warrant their products if it is not sold through there region unless it has a international warranty.

International warranty are supplied to retailers who sell to overseas travelers.

Regards Richard
FollowupID: 568106

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 14:55

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 14:55
Garmin and Magellan warranty is only 1 year anyway. My suggestion if you are paranoid about getting warranty is to purchase two units from overseas and keep one in the cupboard. In the unlikely event that your GPS fails in the first year throw it in the bin (or sell it on ebay for spare parts) and get the other one out. If after the first year your unit is still working (most likely sceanario) sell it on eBay and get the new one out of the cupboard or visa versa.
cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 568172

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 20:51

Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 20:51
Go to my webpage link and scroll down until you see the red link called Buyers Beware, it's not a URL but It's a popup.

gps

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 302034

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 15:00

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 15:00
Scare campaign by Next Destination - though what they say is true with respect to how they treat Magellan GPS users who decide not to purchase from them. Fair enough I suppose they - have a business to run. But as I said above it can be cheaper to purchase two GPS units from US than one from Aus - so option is get a spare for your own warranty coverage.

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 568176

Sponsored Links