leaving melb heading to wa

Submitted: Monday, May 05, 2008 at 09:20
ThreadID: 57287 Views:1764 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are finally leaving Melbourne and heading somewhere warmer. Had decided some time ago to go north & west to arrive somewhere along the coast of wa. I wanted earlier to travel the southern coast to say Margaret River and then up, but ken says it is too cold and wet and windy now.

We are traveling in a camper trailer, so wet is not good. Cold is okay for the trip, but windy makes it very hard to cook. Is it really too late to head this way, and better to just head north and cut across when we get far enough up?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - helen M (WA) - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 09:47

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 09:47
I live in great southern of W.A and if it were me I would be heading North.. we are having nice days but nights are cold and they are forecasting rain here for the next few weeks..it is all just a punt really , but as i say i would be heading north to the warm weather

cheers and safe travellling
H
AnswerID: 302094

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 10:01

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 10:01
How much time have you? Are you going around the block? If so go the other way and the SW will be warmer on the way home. If you are traversing the Nullarbor both ways then go north from Kalgoorlie and come back down the coast when it is warmer. (assuming you have enough time to get home just before Christmas.)

PeterD
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 302095

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 11:42

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 11:42
kathy,

I'm a little surprised that you have experienced problems with wind when cooking. What sort of camper trailer have you got?

Our camper is a fairly simple arrangement with a cupboard mounted to the inside of the rear tailgate, which opens up 90° and the gas stove, etc., sits on this.
What works really well though, is a canvas end wall which when used in conjunction with the rear annex, provides a practical wind break. The camper even has a section that can be attached to the bottom of the rear trailer and the ground to stop wind from blowing underneath the trailer, providing a comfortable area in most climatic conditions.

I enjoy the freedom of outdoor cooking and wouldn't have it any other way.

Bill.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 302116

Sponsored Links