Prestige Camper Covers

Submitted: Monday, May 05, 2008 at 11:10
ThreadID: 57292 Views:7337 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
All

Does anyone have a “Prestige” Camper Trailer cover? Camper cover on ebay

They are supposed to be 100% water proof on the top, but mine definitely is not. It lets in water to the point where is a large about of water sitting in hollows of the vinyl cover of the camper. Thankfully that IS waterproof! I am intending on returning it from the caravan accessories store where I purchased it, but just wanting to get a feel as to if this one is a faulty one (as claimed by the shop – but they would I suppose) or if they are not really 100% water proof.

Thanks
Tim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 18:51

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 18:51
Howdy Tim, I am not sure that ours is a "prestige" brand as I did not keep the documentation, but I am pretty sure that it is the same brand name. Mind you, we paid much more than the price you are looking at, I think it was about the $350.00 mark 3 years ago from an Automotive retailer. Big W here in NSW & caravan retail outlets were selling them at about that price at the time.
Our experience with ours is that if you let the water "pool' on top then it will seep through. Our practise is to lower the jockey wheel & get the front of the A frame down as low as you can, thereby putting a fall on the roof & preventing the water from pooling. Hope this helps. Cheers.
AnswerID: 302174

Follow Up By: tim_s - Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 10:54

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 10:54
Thanks - that is a good idea. I will give it a go.

Regards
Tim
FollowupID: 568343

Reply By: TD100 - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 19:05

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 19:05
Tim,

i also have a "prestige" caravan cover and no mine is not water proof either,its not like a sieve but its not sealed.looking at the material it has fine holes in it so its bound to let water thru,i am not really worried about water getting thru just as long as it keeps bird chit and the likes off it im happy.cheers Paul
AnswerID: 302180

Follow Up By: tim_s - Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 10:53

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 10:53
Thanks for the info. I was a tad annoyed when I took the cover off to find the annex walls swimming in water! I had put them under the cover thinking it was water proof. Will not make that mistake again. I am still not impressed that they advertise 100% waterproof top, when it clearly is not.

Thanks

Tim
FollowupID: 568342

Sponsored Links