Abandoned Section of the Gunbarrel

Submitted: Monday, May 05, 2008 at 21:55
ThreadID: 57315 Views:1868 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Well our CSR trip has been put on hold until next year for a number of reasons, but at the moment its not a worry, as it will still be there in a year or so, and we will do a north - south after the Kimberley.

We are looking at leaving from Perth on July 26th, heading up to Wiluna to proceed across the Gunbarrel to the Centre.

We would really love to do the abandoned section but the permit conditions state a minimum of 2 vehicles. At this time it is only us, so was wondering whether anyone else was looking at heading out that way at around the same time to perhaps hook up if only for this part of the trip.

Once to the Centre we are still deciding whether to go north or south, although at this point it will probably be south into areas we have been before, before heading home across the bottom.

Cheers

Richard

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (SA) - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 22:16

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 22:16
Hi Richard
You will be about a month too late, otherwise you could have joined my group. We are doing it from Giles, then the Heather Highway back to Warburton and Giles and then the Sandy Blight Junction Track

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 302236

Follow Up By: Member - RFLundgren (WA) - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 22:18

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 22:18
Would have been great Stephen except we would be heading in different directions, which would have been interesting...lol

Thanks and if I cant find anyone then I guess we'll just have to skip the abandoned section on this trip and do it on another.

Cheers

Richard

FollowupID: 568292

Reply By: Member - Longtooth (SA) - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 22:38

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 22:38
Did this track last year and it is as good as many others out there and better than some. Be a bit of a bugger if once you were out there the other car with you had to pull out and you had to do it alone. There IS traffic along the track at very regular intervals.

Longtooth
AnswerID: 302241

Follow Up By: Member - RFLundgren (WA) - Monday, May 05, 2008 at 23:25

Monday, May 05, 2008 at 23:25
Longtooth

Yes it would be a shame, and these things do happen quite often I believe.....

Cheers

Richard

FollowupID: 568300

Follow Up By: Peter 2 - Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 06:04

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 06:04
Yeh it is a bugger when someone has a mechanical/helath problem and has to pull out.
The locals do it regularly in sedans, we met a Daihatsu Charade coming the other way.
FollowupID: 568307

Sponsored Links