VMS AVNC Media System

Submitted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 23:00
ThreadID: 57343 Views:2986 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am keen on getting the VMS AVNC system as it seems that it can do everything I want and integrate nicely into the vehicle.

An aquaintance who works in the industry however has claimed that he has installed several and all have had heaps of problems. He also claims that all the integrated in car systems are made in the same factory in china.

Is this just rhetoric?? Is anyone out there using one of these and happy with it?

I am after a GPS system that will run topo maps, a system to run DVDs on 2 rear screens and a decent audio system. I can run a separate PC for the GPS but I would much prefer an inetgrated sysetm like the AVNC if they are any good.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Don M (NSW) - Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 07:15

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 07:15
There has been a lot of discussion on aftermarket systems on the LCOOL forum and as a result, I bought the VMS AVNC but haven't yet got my 4wd...(LC200). A mate of mine bought his at the same time and is now installed in his LC100 with no problems. People love to make these negative comments about everything...it empowers them and makes them feel important. Same comments about the LC200, its load carrying capacity is crap...(actually same as LC100 and better than Patrol...!!!) 6th gear is rubbish,...depends on how you drive...the list goes on.
As far as all sytems being made in one factory in China,...another load of utter crap and anyway, the VMS unit was designed by Australians for use on our roads and outback. It also is the only one to come equipped with Oziexplorer. I have now downloaded all the supplied Hema maps on my laptop, which are also on the SD card which comes with the unit. Every speck of Australia is covered...Only prblem is I don't yet know how to use it..and won't until I get it in the vehicle and start playing with it.
And by the way, most things made in China are of a very high quality and that is the reason that nearly all the big names go there to get their stuff manufactured...high quality at a reasonable price...just like the Japanese 40 odd years ago.
AnswerID: 302436

Reply By: Member - Robert G (WA) - Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 16:16

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 16:16
Thanks Don,
Thats pretty much what I thought and I have since done a search (should have frst I guess, sorry) and found quite a bit of positive and very little negative info.

I am still keen to hear good or bad info regarding this product if there is anyone else out there using it.

Thanks
AnswerID: 302510

Reply By: Russell [SA] - Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 21:03

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 21:03
Just signed up for a Navara ST-X with a Kenwood DDX 5032. I really hope it does everything specified, GPS, Bluetooth and RCAM etc etc. Its bloody expensive and the VMS looked good and cheaper but not offered one by dealer.

I hope we all enjoy our new toys.

Russell
AnswerID: 302566

Sponsored Links