Camping Areas - Macksville Area- Boat Access only

Submitted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 06:41
ThreadID: 57440 Views:1792 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering if anyone knows of any camping spots (no ameneties needed we take our own ) on the Nambucca River or the Taylors Arm River. Would prefer areas that are only accessible by boat - if there were fish there it would be a bonus. Moving there and have water acess so just want to jump in the boat and have a few days up river
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gazal Champion - Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 11:37

Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 11:37
Hi didiaust,

There is one camp site near macksville called Gumma. It is just east of Macksville on the suothern side of the river and is actually on Warrell Creek. It is run by the Macksville council or some such local body and the fees are quite reasonable.

There are toilets, fire places, tables and seats but little else.

It is right on the river bank, has a boat ramp of sorts and is a nice spot to camp and I thinkthere is a time limit of about 2 weeks, but I am sort of guessing.

Regards,
Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 303024

Follow Up By: didiaust - Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 12:57

Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 12:57
Thanks Bruce - Inspected Gumma - looks good - Hoping to find some spots not accessible by road on the other side of the highway.
FollowupID: 569178

Reply By: 3F62 - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 13:49

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 13:49
Oppisite the golf club @ Nambucca is an Island bound by the Nambucca river on one side & Warrell crk on the other.....use to camp over their when we where kids a long long long time ago......No fresh water etc.... OR oppisite the RSL club is an Island about 2 to 3 K's long & ?? 150mtrs wide used to be connected to the " V " wall until a flood late 1950's.....both only access by boat....Dont no the "legalities" of camping in these spots.

Cheers
AnswerID: 303234

Sponsored Links