Burke and Wills Movie 1985 with Jack Thompson

Submitted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 22:45
ThreadID: 57475 Views:2532 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Burke and Wills Movie reviewWe are going to the the EO gather in Innamincka and I was thinking what a good thing it would be to watch the Burke and Wills Movie while we were there or even before we go.

From what I can see, it was not a bad movie but I gather it is pretty hard to find.

Burke and Wills Movie review

Maybe someone has it or can find it somewhere to hire or buy other than in the US. I read the book the Dig Tree by Sarah Murgatroyd but the book is beyond our Kaitlyn to read but I would love her to get a taste of the history before we get there.

Andrew

Andrew
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Big Kidz (Andrew & Jen - Melb) - Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 22:50

Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 22:50
Yeh Hi Andrew - keep talking to yourself as Jen is in bed. Here is another link. Sounds like a big movie so you would reckon you could still get it somewhere....

Movie info
AnswerID: 303143

Follow Up By: Member - Brian A (NSW) - Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 23:20

Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 23:20
Andrew / Jen, for what it's worth, the book is available as an "audio book". When we did our trip to Innamincka 5 years ago, we listened to the story whilst travelling. Our youngest at the time were twin boys - 9 years old. The whole family enjoyed it. By the time we arrived at The Cooper & Dig Tree, all members had a good knowledge of the explorers trials and tribulations. From memory it was about 5 CD's.

Enjoy your trip,
Brian
FollowupID: 569295

Sponsored Links