The Trader Feedback

Submitted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 10:57
ThreadID: 57486 Views:2412 Replies:5 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everyone
It is with great regret that it appears either a mischievous person or another caravan dealer is using this site to make derogatory comments about my company.
We at A'van Adelaide work very hard to provide excellent customer service and when things go wrong as they do with ever thing in life we do our best to resolve any complaints or problems as quickly as passable.
It is a shame that some people use these forum sites to push their own agenda and hide behind the fact that they do not have to provide their true name and contact details and whoever they make comments about do not have the opportunity to challenge them.
Please be wary of such comments and seek the opinion of an honest and reliable source before accepting these comments to be true.
Kind regards
Peter White
A'van Adelaide
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jason - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 11:04

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 11:04
Well written Peter
AnswerID: 303207

Reply By: Top End Explorer Tours - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 11:08

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 11:08
Perhaps you could enlighten us on what was said, and in which thread.

Cheers Steve.
AnswerID: 303208

Follow Up By: Hairy (NT) - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 11:34

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 11:34
Gday Steve,
There was a bloke on here a while ago bagging Avan Adelaide about nothing imparticular...just a complete sledging. (Might be more than 1 case by the sounds)
Cant find the thread again..I think it was removed.
But last I heard everyone jumped down his throat, gave him a gobfull as he had no evidence and no one obviously beleived him. When he was asked for some detail he vannished......

Peter,
No damage done I dont reckon mate, I think most people can see through that sort of snot.
Be nice to catch him if thats what hes up to??

Cheers
Hairy
FollowupID: 569336

Follow Up By: avanadelaide - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 11:38

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 11:38
Hi steve

The thread has been taken down by the responsible people in admin but the link still shows up when you goggle avan adelaide. we are trying to get the identity of writer
Regards
Peter
FollowupID: 569338

Follow Up By: Vivid Adventures - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 14:23

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 14:23
no - the thread does not come up on google any more.
FollowupID: 569359

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 14:39

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 14:39
It does come up. Just copy and paste - avan adelaide - and it is the 9th result as at 1434 EST.

Was this a dealer who did the slanging or a disgruntled customer who was expecting too much? Every business gets them.

PeterD

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 569364

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 14:44

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 14:44
It comes up #1 when you type in A'van ExploreOz

See here

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 569365

Reply By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 17:11

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 17:11
I don't understand what all the fuss is over....isn't deleting the posting enough?

One person has posted that they had a bad experience, and as far a i can see now, it is only listed once (with google caching showing a shortened posting).

The posting seems to be an opinion, possibly based on fact...aren't we allowed them now?

If we were to only to see good comments about a business, there would only be three businesses left to talk about :-) ....every business has the odd bad case, some more than others. 1 bad experience, numerous good ones...let the individual make up there own mind, rather than delete a posting and go after the poster.

I am in no way supporting either party, as i don't know them or their product, though I suggest that this has resolved adequately and to let it go rather than trying to go on the attack (finding out who it is etc).

Andrew
AnswerID: 303254

Follow Up By: avanadelaide - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 17:36

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 17:36
Hi Andrew
I understand your opinion but lets say i write a hate letter about you which is completely untrue and it has the effect of you losing your job would you be happy about that?
I do not want people censored, just a right of reply this rubbish has been on this site for weeks until i accidentally came across it. my business is my familys and staffs livlyhood and it seems one idiot can say what the hell he wants and no one checks it out before it is published on this site.
Regards
Peter
FollowupID: 569390

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 17:46

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 17:46
How do we know this hate letter isn't true??? :-)

I know what you are saying, however sometimes we need to roll with the punches especially being small in nature. For all i know, it may be true (however by responding as you have to me, i'm sure that this isn't the case), however it not something to be fearful of with your business....continuous accusations may be another issue.

You do say that "I do not want people censored" however you also state "no one checks it out before it is published on this site".....we can't have both ways unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply Peter, i'll let the issue be...

Andrew
FollowupID: 569393

Follow Up By: avanadelaide - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 18:14

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 18:14
Hi Andrew

If this was in a newspaper
I would have the right of reply and seek damages for misleading comments.
everyone has the right to comment but we all must be accountable for the things we do and say especially if it has the effect of damaging an individuals or companys reputation
Say what you want! just dont hide after you say it

Regards
Peter
FollowupID: 569397

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 14:17

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 14:17
Peter
Why do you think you don't have right of reply with a forum??

You are replying to the matter now, aren't you?
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 569533

Follow Up By: avanadelaide - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 20:25

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 20:25
Hi john

The reason i say i do not have a right of reply is that i am not a member and i accidentally found out about these comments, they had been on this forum for a while before being removed and
as far as i am concerned the damage has already been done.
A person made a derogatory comment knowing there was a good chance i wouldn't reply to it.
FollowupID: 569589

Reply By: Member - Pixie - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 21:02

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 21:02
once the web crawler comes through this site again this thread will now pop-up and revive the matter
AnswerID: 303320

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 08:48

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 08:48
I sympathise with you.

Too easy for gutless individuals to hide behind a fictitious name on a forum, and cause merry hell. Different story if it came from a member, or someone with some credibility. Exploroz does a good job of deleting this rubbish, but its an unfortunate downside to forums.
AnswerID: 303395

Sponsored Links