Barn hill

Submitted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 19:37
ThreadID: 57505 Views:1845 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Heading of in 2 weeks will be away for 8 weeks straight up the centre to bitter springs for about 2 days to let swmbo regenerate. Then up to ngukurr to see sister and onto barn hill for a week or so what l would like to know what sort of fish am l likely to encounter at this time of year. From there drive down the coast see a mate at karratha have a few more stops then home. can't wait
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phillip S (WA) - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 14:02

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 14:02
Ron, you will really love Barn Hill...if you have a small tinnie then there is no limit on the spieces of fish you will catch...fishing is always good and staying at the Park is special...especially sunday nights..roast dinners ( cheap). However shore based fishing is a different thing.....they have enormous tides there, rocky bottoms and reef to contend with right out front...but at high(peak) tide you can fish with lures off the large rocks into deep water...I caught a lot of schoolie mackeral on small chrome spinners ( 30 to 50 gram ) standing on a large rock fishing into about 3m of water( some guys tried ballooning)...to the north there is sandy beach and you can purchase bait at the little store next to the lawn bowls..and some essentials..ie bread(frozen) and milk ,marg, etc.
AnswerID: 303433

Reply By: wendys - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 15:13

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 15:13
Have you been to Eighty Mile Beach? Usually very good fishing off the beach there - threadfin salmon.
AnswerID: 303440

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 17:30

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 17:30
I have spent time both at Barn Hill and 80 mile Beach and both were terrific for fishing.
Barn Hill has more variety of fish to catch so would be my choice as I have a tinnie. However when I was there my tinnie never went into the water as I buddied up with another keen fisher who also had a boat one larger than mine and we caught plenty.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 303451

Reply By: Danielle T - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 21:32

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 21:32
When we were there in July my daughter (then 11) caught long toms (Gardies?) off the beach but no one else was catching anything. Including all the seasoned fishermen. Thats fishing!! Its a top place, we could have stayed longer if we had the time! and will be going back!!
AnswerID: 303493

Sponsored Links