Desert Parks Pass and Innamincka

Submitted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 19:57
ThreadID: 57508 Views:3719 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
OK - how important is a Desert Parks Pass for visiting Innamincka?

We'll be there around the time of the National Gathering in July - but only for a couple of nights. We're intending to do the Dig Tree Loop, but other than that it will be in and out along the Strzelecki (which I believe doesn't need the pass).
Am intending to get a SA National Parks Holiday Pass (covers 3mths) with Camping - does this cover anything in that area? Is there a 'day trip' pass for the Innamincka Reserve region?

It's all a little confusing, these passes - I have no intention of going as far as Birdsville and that type of area (yet!) so the Desert Parks Pass seems a bit more than we really need.

Any advice?

Ta!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sheepie (NSW) - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 20:10

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 20:10
Let me clarrify something I thought of after posting the above -

If the pass is required, then no problem - I just wonder about the requirement and the cost - $100 for a couple of days seems to be a little excessive.
AnswerID: 303302

Reply By: Willem - Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 20:13

Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 20:13
Sheepie

DPP's are only needed when you want to visit certain areas for longer than day visits. I buy one every year as I could spend some time in the remote parks of SA any given year.

You can pick up a day pass( call 1800 816 078 to find out sales points ) if you want to go to Coongie Lakes. All Main Roads in the area are Public Roads and do not require a DPP

Not sure of the SA Parks Pass and what it covers. Best check it out on their website.

Cheers
AnswerID: 303305

Reply By: George_M - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 08:54

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 08:54
Sheepie

You can buy a day pass at the Trading Post, next to the Innamincka Pub.

George_M

Come any closer and I'll rip your throat out!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 303396

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian (SA) - Monday, May 12, 2008 at 20:23

Monday, May 12, 2008 at 20:23
Best not to buy any passes till you get there (if at all - depends) - that way you don't 'do' your $ if you can't make it for some reason.
AnswerID: 303474

Sponsored Links