Central QLD roads

Submitted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 14:14
ThreadID: 57563 Views:2194 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
One for the central QLD'ers, I am planning a trip north in August this year and looking for a camp between the Fitzroy beef road and the old highway from Sarina to Marlborough. On one map it shows a road south of the May Downs beef road through Royles station and Tartrus station. We were hoping that to go that way and hopefully camp at Tartrus weir. Can we do that? is there any camping along the May Downs beef Road? It would reduce the travelling each day as we are intending to go from Biloera to Eungella dam in two days.
Thanks in advance, PAWB.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gke - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 16:49

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 16:49
Hi PAWBWell the things you read here ! Royles was named after my uncles Roy and Les (pronounced Royals) Owned by my Dad -- I spent the first 7 or 8 years of my life there. I think Royles is still probably owned by Tartrus .Best give them a call but I cannot help you with a number. Their name is probably McCamley. Cheers, Graham.
AnswerID: 303607

Reply By: drewab - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 22:25

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 22:25
Peter,
The Beef Rd is the Fitzroy Dev Rd, goes from Dingo to just nearNebo. The May Downs Rd has been closed to all but local traffic for a few month's since the floods. I last heard a couple of weeks ago that it was still shut. Police were going down hard on all but locals using the road. Their definition of a local was someone who lives on the road.

Cheers Drew

AnswerID: 303684

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Kerry W (QLD) - Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 00:30

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 00:30
Hi All
The May Downs Beef Road has since opened in the last few weeks and was being repaired after the floods.
I was speaking to a local today who was able to update us on conditions in the area. All Major roads are Ok.

Keep an eye on conditions hereOutback Qld Roads Conditions@ExplorOz

regards

Kerry W
Road Conditions Coordinator
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 569823

Sponsored Links