Abr -Derek Bester

Submitted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 18:19
ThreadID: 57636 Views:3449 Replies:3 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
Just a quick note to wrap the service of Derek @ ABR.
had a issue with a product - couple of emails & postage of product to him on Monday & returned Today via express post all fixed.
Thank you Derek

Usual stuff -- no affiliation -- just credit when credit's due.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jethro T - Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 19:53

Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 19:53
Agree with you on that one Boxhead, I was supplied with the wrong product (by mistake) and was promptly given a refund. Will deal with Derek again.
Regards
AnswerID: 303987

Reply By: Coolman - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 08:31

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 08:31
I agree also.. while some of his posts used to cheese me off he does provide an excellent standard of service. I recommend him on a regular basis.
AnswerID: 304076

Reply By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 14:00

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 14:00
Do you tell people of the good service you got from you local service station, Australia post, Local deli or do we all owe ABR something.
AnswerID: 304148

Follow Up By: Member - Matt M (ACT) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 14:31

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 14:31
Yeh, what possible interest could the service received from a 4WD accessory supplier (who is a site sponsor) be to this forum?

Would rather hear about your local Deli Richard, maybe they would be interested in sponsoring this site?

Matt.
FollowupID: 570213

Follow Up By: Boobook2 - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 14:40

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 14:40
If your servo, Australia Post or Deli gives good service then you should definitely spread the word in the aproprate group, others can benefit as well as the vendor.

Buying over the internet can be risky and if people can relate their experiences then they too are providing a service.

I have never bought anything from Derek myself but he does support this forum and has contributed to many people's electrical issues.

If you get get good service from Australia Post you should definitely make it known, that WOULD be of interest :-)

FollowupID: 570216

Follow Up By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 16:51

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 16:51
I would not expect anything else from Derek....just the same as I would not expect anything else from the guy who fitted my tyres, or the one who sold me my magazine at the local news agency.

100% customer service!

If the guy at my local news agency gave me a magazine and said "hey seeing your a member of EO I'll take another 25% of the cover price and I will throw in a note pad valued at 99 cents as well" then I would think this news agency has gone out of it's way to support EO and save me money.

Next we will see posts saying HERO or LEGEND.
FollowupID: 570245

Follow Up By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 17:58

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 17:58
After the bagging Derek got on here a couple of weeks ago I think this evens it up a bit.
At the time no one suggested we start a hate session on the above businesses so whats wrong with a bit of praise for good service.
I have had several dealings with Derek and all have been good.
Price has been right, service has been good and after sales advice was also good.
Anyone who wants to, of course is free to post good or bad reports about whatever business as long as its within legal guidelines.
FollowupID: 570265

Follow Up By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 18:22

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 18:22
It's not about hating someone, Derek runs a very good business and he does it well but every week someone comes on here praising him...my question is what does he do that any other well run good business doesn't do or is it that people on this forum think they owe something to him and not the other people who do a good deed for them.

Very rarely does someone come on here and praise another company that has done something out of this world for them.

Perhaps being a business owner I look at thing differently to some others.

If it is a case of supporting a company who advertisers on this forum, then why doesn't every one who uses this forum pay $50.00 become members.....I get more then my $1.00 worth a week from it.

FollowupID: 570270

Follow Up By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 18:48

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 18:48
Well Richard I dont disagree with you but why not support the sponsors as without them it may be a lesser place.

You gave me some very good advice a few months ago as well so heres your plug.

I have good rapport with several businesses in my area, one being Caboolture Caravan Repairs.
Very knowledgable, very helpful and VERY busy.

Perhaps before you can post you should become a member.

I subscribe to forums where you have to join or you cant post.

I also agree that I get my $50 worth out of it even if just for the laughs of the friendly???? bickering between certain posters.

Cheers
FollowupID: 570273

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 19:38

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 19:38
Well Richard,

I think Derek gets a good rap because his service is way in excess of what is expected. He usually does through in a freebie to EO members and he does contribute to this forum.

If my local servo advertised here and gave me something for nothing nand came out and filled the car up for me then .I would give him a rap up to.

Now because my local servo is just that Local then I make sure I spread the word to local friend/acquaintences that are likely to buy from him.

Derek and other advertisers that can do business over the internet will always get the feedback they deserve ie Who will forget Bill S. So that is the chance you take and Derek, Ian from Thermoguard are just two nthat do it very well.

Yes I always expect great service because that is what I give but more often than not I am disappointed.
FollowupID: 570278

Follow Up By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 22:07

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 22:07
Most people on here know Derek provides a good service, how many times do people have to keep on posting it?

Does it make them feel better?

If every one got on here and said how good there Toyota, Lightfource, BFG tyres or Engle fridge was people would soon get annoyed.

If your happy with someones service sure tell people.

Perhaps it's just me but topics on this forum seem to be on a 10 day cycle.....it's getting stagnant.

If you were a retailer of off road accessories and electrical why would you want to advertise on this forum seeing ABR has the stranglehold....hence no competition.

Open up every page and there's an ad for ABR.

I suppose the problem with this forum is they don't have category for posting.

FollowupID: 570310

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 07:15

Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 07:15
No Richard not everyone knows about how good or bad some advertisers are. You do and I do and so do a lot of regular readers but there are a load of infrequent visitors and new members that may not. Don't deny them the right to good service.

As a business owner yourself, as you keep telling us, you should know not to assume to much or it may make an ass out of you. Be careful you don't do that to yourself. If yo don't want to read about it then don't click the button and read. I gave up looking about tyres a long time ago,. but someone just getting their first 4wd would be more than happy to read them. And remember Richard there are a lot of other subject listed forums out there if you don't like this one.
FollowupID: 570336

Follow Up By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 10:18

Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 10:18
I had my a/c on my pajero repaired at "Vehicool" air conditioning experts at Pooraka (Adelaide) a few months ago, got great service, a free coffee and an EO discount, now thats worth a mention!

Cheers Pesty
FollowupID: 570369

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 22:01

Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 22:01
Careful there Pesty,

Don't praise them up too much or others may join in and the Richard would have to complain about himself......lol
FollowupID: 570484

Sponsored Links