Warren Beach Dunes Feedback

Callcup Hill is not the hill you drive on to from Pemberton to the beach it is the warren hill.Callcup hill is the next hill to the,it has a plaque on the top with the hight on it you can match it up with hight marked on a map.
cheers Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozrunner - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 13:27

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 13:27
and the notes don't say that. Read the trek notes again.

You enter from Callcup Hill and exit via Yeagarup dunes, ie in a loop.

AnswerID: 304139

Reply By: The Explorer - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 14:29

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 14:29
Hello - The trek actually passes over the Callcup Dunes and not directly over any one specific hill. The highest point of the dunes in this general area is referred to as Callcup Hill. While you don’t actually drive directly over the top of Callcup Hill the trek takes you within 300 meters of it (and you can as you say take a detour to the top). Where this hill stops and starts is difficult to say as the Callcup Dunes are a convoluted arrangement of many crests and hollows.

AFAIK there is no hill officially called Warren Hill in the area, though maybe that’s what the locals call one of the many hills on the actual dunes (there are many hundreds). None of the maps I have show any hill called Warren Hill. The track up from the beach is probably best referred to as ascending /descending the Callcup Dunes and not any one specific hill...though Callcup Hill is not a bad choice as it is the only one marked on maps and the track arguably goes up and along at least the side of it.

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 304152

Sponsored Links