Warren Beach Dunes Feedback

CROSSING THE WARREN RIVER IS TREACHEROUS AND MANY 4WD HAVE COME TO GRIEF IN ITS SOFT SAND. IT FLOWS NEARLY ALL YEAR. THE WARREN HILL IS DIFFICULT TO DRIVE UP IN SUMMER DRY SAND IS LOOSE
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozboc - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 08:12

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 08:12
Why are you screaming at us ??????????

( all caps is considered screaming )

Boc

AnswerID: 304071

Follow Up By: bms - Friday, May 16, 2008 at 20:42

Friday, May 16, 2008 at 20:42
Mate I had the unfortunate issue of losing 4wd on the Warren beach
many years ago and I nearly made it off the beach (had to get a snatch of the top of the last hill) and then made it up the hill with ONLY 2WD and it was summer.
Mind you I let my tyres down to about 5/6 psi !!!
FollowupID: 570294

Reply By: The Explorer - Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 00:37

Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 00:37
Yes caution require when crossing the river mouth. The river flows all year round but there is a sand bar that can be driven across easily for at least part of the year when flows dont wash beach sand away, not sure if its open "nearly all year" ..depends on what is meant by "nearly" I suppose. Best bet is to send someone else first or use a work car.

Accending track up the Callcup Dunes can be difficult but as with any sand driving tyre pressures are the key..if at first you dont succeed let your tyres down a tad more.... Seen 3 or 4Tonne HJ75 mounted drill rigs get up in mid summer so it can be that hard...though drillers on a mission shouldnt be messed with!!

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 304267

Sponsored Links