Wheatblet WA Country Roads

Submitted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 22:59
ThreadID: 57747 Views:4753 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I am writing for my husband who delivers our stock to farmers / farms all over the wheatbelt... sometimes from Esperance to Canarvon and in between. We are looking at some navigation system, but have not come across anything that assists with roads, especially out in the wheat belt of WA (Northam to Southern Cross, Pingelly to Dalwallinu or Mukinbudin) We just don't get to Perth to try out the systems available so would appreicate any assistance in which systems will cope with country roads/tracks. Tom Tom, Garmin, Navman... anything. I just don't quite know where to start so would appreciate any help!!
For instance find Campbell Road in Kalannie or Champell/Wheeldon Road in Tammin. I am not sure if they are easily on Systems but they are off road where we have been before! Looking forward to any one's help Thanks in anticipation Regards Lisa
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 23:20

Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 23:20
Hi Lisa

I can only say what we have. We got a second hand Magellan Meridian with Discover Aus Streets & Tracks (2003 version) a few years ago. It has all minor tracks, many that no longer exist. It even has not only the road to our front gate, but the internal track down to our sheds on it. There are more recent versions of this software.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 304609

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 23:55

Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 23:55
Have a browse in the link below, I was living at Dalwallinu for about 6 weeks last year, done a little work for Southcotts just west of Wubin ,

I would suggest a Nuvi 260 wide screen , it will come with redlight camera warnings installed , if you wanted something a lot better then check the features of the Garmin Nuvi 760

Garmin nuvi 260w - A$449 inc GST and free delivery
bonus USB cable - for updating firmware and maps ($25 value)
Includes City Navigator Australia 2008 maps preloaded
and free upgrade to City Navigator 2009 (eta 3rd Qtr 2008) from GPS Oz

GPS Navigation

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 304615

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Monday, May 19, 2008 at 00:12

Monday, May 19, 2008 at 00:12
dustin
If you get one of the Garmins and you need some info or help feel free to email at the bottom of tha webpage , Garmins are much easier to work with, I had a look at a TomTom 1 XL that a camper has here in the Caravan Pk , I shuddered in fright ,
for a very comprehensive review on the garmins try this website,

Garmin Nuvi 760 Review

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 304617

Sponsored Links