My Waeco died, it's Roachie's fault.

Submitted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 14:05
ThreadID: 57888 Views:2499 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Seeing as I've got the fridge permanently mounted where the back seat used to be, I thought I'd follow Roachie's lead and run it all the time.

It's an oldie and doesn't have the inbuilt 240v power supply. So each night when I got home I would unplug the lead where it goes into the fridge and plug in the lead from the power supply.

All this inning and outing loosened one of the "male" plugs in the fridge; no contact. Anyway, easily fixed by pulling it back into position with a pair of pliers.

From now on I'm going to leave the plug that is hard wired back to the battery in place, hook the battery charger up to the battery and give the power supply the Tijuana Brass.

Jim.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brew69(SA) - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 15:26

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 15:26
Much better option mate. Pesty did the same with his 240 unit. Just plug the charger in and leave it run on 12v.
AnswerID: 305290

Reply By: Vince NSW - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 16:55

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 16:55
Jim
Must be a common prob with Waco. Mine dit the same thing In Alice 2 years ago & it took me 3 days to work out why the fridge was cutting in & out every time we hit a bump. My thought was that the power socket in the back of the truck was at fault. Took it to an Auto Elec in Alice & he found the fault in 30 sec & fixed the problem in 5min for $ 25.

By the way that bloke you rang about has not contacted me
Vince
AnswerID: 305313

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 14:56

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 14:56
Hold on!!!! here we go!!!! hahaha

Jimbo; mate; ol' buddy.......

The BIG difference is that I'm running an Engel fridge and as such, when I plug the 240 volts into the exterior (caravan type) plug at the back of the ChevNissan's cargo box, the fridge automatically senses the presence of the mains power and uses it to run the fridge. None of this plugging and unplugging the fridge etc etc......

OK; I'm off to take cover behind the nearest brick wall (cos I reckon I've just fuelled up the fire between the Engel and Whacko owners!!!! hahahahahaha)........;-))

Roachie
AnswerID: 305745

Sponsored Links