We of no fixed Abode

Submitted: Friday, May 23, 2008 at 21:38
ThreadID: 57931 Views:2497 Replies:5 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
We (my wife & I) have now sold the house, the furniture and belongings are almost all into storage including the caravan and we are just about ready to hit the road with the CT for approx four months.
We will be heading to Kalgoorlie, Laverton then on the Great Central Road to Uluru,from there down to Coober Pedy (wife wants opals!), the painted desert and back up to the Alice. Will stay around here for a while so as not to miss anything - any suggestions? We then head North up the Stuart Highway may get to Darwin or might take a left before then and down thru the Kimberleys at a steady pace back to Perth.We'll swap the CT for the Caravan and take off again possibly East but what the heck we will decided that at the time!
Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Uncle (NSW) - Friday, May 23, 2008 at 21:49

Friday, May 23, 2008 at 21:49
Hi Dave,
we can strongly suggest, visiting the Mining Hall of Fame, and the Super Pit in Kal. We just recently took a look thru the old mining ghost town of Gwalia, just south of Leonora. So much to see here in WA, we are heading to the coast very soon for a break (the one ya need when you are on holidays!!) to do some fishing around Red Bluff (might even get to use the surfboard). you will have a ball, its only just starting for us now. After the coastal camping it will be into the Kimberlies for us as well.Take it easy and enjoy your travels. Unc & Jodie
AnswerID: 305526

Follow Up By: dagwill - Friday, May 23, 2008 at 21:54

Friday, May 23, 2008 at 21:54
im also of no fixed abode
i live next door at #23A
FollowupID: 571567

Follow Up By: Old Dave - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 11:06

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 11:06
Thanks Uncle
Back in the mid 70s we actualy lived in the town of Menzies (just north of Kal) so we did get to see a bit of Kal then, but reckon the place would have changed a bit since then so will certainly be checking it out before moving on.
You never know we might just catch up with you somewhere in the Kimberleys. Keep your travel blogs going,I enjoy reading them, will continue to do so as we have just organised our mobile wireless internet.
Safe travels
Regards
Dave
FollowupID: 571614

Reply By: The Geriatric Gypsies - Friday, May 23, 2008 at 21:55

Friday, May 23, 2008 at 21:55
goodday dave
we are in the same position and have just been looking at the voting obligations and have found we can become itinerant voters and vote as of our last address or the way i read the form we can have our names removed from the electoral roll i am going to ring on monday to find out how to do it as the politicians in casey are a bunch of wankers so who wants to vote where your not if our name is removed we dont have to worry about elections
steve
AnswerID: 305527

Follow Up By: Member - Footloose - Friday, May 23, 2008 at 22:22

Friday, May 23, 2008 at 22:22
"Don't vote, it only encourages the ba#$ar$s !!"
FollowupID: 571569

Reply By: dedabato (SA) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 02:15

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 02:15
Old Dave,
Wishing you and your better half fantastic life on the road and hope your wife dreams come trough but rather than Coober Pedy why not go to Lightning Ridge as Opal quality is far superior than any other in the world. In any case - good health and travelling Huge continent of OZ....

Regards
dedabatoImage Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 305550

Follow Up By: Old Dave - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 11:14

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 11:14
Hi dedabato

Thanks for your good wishes.
Will probably do Lightning Ridge on the trip with the caravan.
Regards
Dave
FollowupID: 571616

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 14:17

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 14:17
Old Dave,

what have you done to deal with all the bureacratic cr*p involving no fixed address?

What address do you use when you have to renew driver's licences?

Vehicle Regos?

Vehicle Insurances? The companies like to see an address for a vehicle.

Postage?

If you can fit it in, you'll love the peace and tranquility camping at Trough Well. Check out "Places" on ExplorOz. I posted this place the other day. It's on the way to Menzies.

Have a good time. A lot of people say that Life is not a Rehearsal but you are actually doing something about it.

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 305599

Follow Up By: Old Dave - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 16:43

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 16:43
Gone Bush

We are using one of our sons address for all the necessary paperwork of living a life!! Whos to know we don't live there!

Will be constantly in touch with family via phone and email, this hitech world we live in should make things more simple.

We will be calling in at Trough Well, saw your inclusion on places looks a good spot.

Thanks
Dave
FollowupID: 571663

Reply By: SOS Mail Solutions - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 13:37

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 13:37
Hi Dave,

Do take care on the big trip and and a safe one.

Craig B
AnswerID: 305737

Sponsored Links