How to sell a family van??

Submitted: Friday, May 23, 2008 at 22:21
ThreadID: 57933 Views:2177 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have an as new Jayco Expanda Off-Roader I need to sell and wondering what are best ways to advertise/promote it. Ebay hasn't worked. Dealers don't want to buy or consign. Suggestions welcome.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ramb0 - Friday, May 23, 2008 at 22:31

Friday, May 23, 2008 at 22:31
From experience the Trading Post works best. You pay a flat fee and put it online, and then wait for a bite - a bit like like fishing really. Unfortunately there are lots of Jayco Expandas in the world, as I found out the hard way when I sold mine. Good luck.
AnswerID: 305535

Follow Up By: Shaker - Friday, May 23, 2008 at 23:40

Friday, May 23, 2008 at 23:40
You could always sneak an ad into this forum too!
FollowupID: 571582

Reply By: Member - Ed. C. (QLD) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 01:33

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 01:33
jacksback,
where are you located?
My daughter & SIL are (or soon will be) in the market for such an article as you describe (or similar) and may be interested in talking to you..
Shoot me a line if you wish at

edjan AT bigpond DOT com
(the AT & DOT are self-explatatory, and no spaces of course;-))

Regards, Ed C

Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 305549

Reply By: jdwynn (Adelaide) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 09:30

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 09:30
We recently sold our 2000 Coromal poptop family van. Advertised on Trading post for 3 weeks. One enquiry nothing more. Put it in the paper version of Trading post and it was sold in about 3 days, but during that week had 2 other serious approaches too (who were disappointed it was sold). Just one experience I know.

We sold it straight after caravan & camping show - our strategy was families wanting to get into market, and shocked at price of new vans, would be very interested in used family van in GC.

Despite our experience, my view is that there are so few people in family van market that you have to be patient. Reckon when the right buyer comes along they'll pay a reasonable price because there are also so few family vans around.

good luck, JD
AnswerID: 305573

Reply By: PradOz - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 22:12

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 22:12
happy to do a trade on my jayco swan with you -- maybe it has something to do with the price?? i watch all the vans on ebay regularly (looking for my perfect van) and the dearer ones tend to stay unsold for some time and you see them relisted regularly. on the other hand when you see vans start at a low price they quite often end up over the price you would expect them to sell for but requires a risk. also those with reserves on them tend to p*** people off as it just tends to waste time while people try to just start to get the auction going. anyway good luck with it
AnswerID: 305851

Sponsored Links