O/T Absolute Frustration part 2 re thread 52329.

Submitted: Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 02:16
ThreadID: 57937 Views:2977 Replies:10 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
Late last year I posted a thread about a employee that is trying to put me though the ringer, re workers comp.

Today I received my workers comp insurance renewal, well it has doubled, reason being is, they have payed her and lawyers over $33000 and hold another $116000 just in case.

They are yet to prove that there is an injury, I have been SHAFTED.

I am writing to Ombudsmen on Monday, as out side of insurance it has cost me near $10,000.

Sorry I need to get it off my chest, as I just want to give people a great time in Kakadu, and give employees a great employment opportunity.

Cheers Steve.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 06:11

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 06:11
Hey Steve, i know a really good private investigator and most likely the insurance company is awaiting for her to stuff up! Which most people who fake injuries do! Which sucks for us that do get injuries from work and told by higher ups that "no you don't have an injury" or "thats just a scratch, did you warm up"?

So it will be under investigation!

Patience

Cheers Chris
AnswerID: 305553

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer Tours - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 11:30

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 11:30
The worst part is they have still photo's and video footage, of her lifting with the suspected broken arm, the have scans, x rays and an ultrasound to show that there is no injury.

Here is the kicker, she also has chronic regional pain syndrome, this is a condition caused by anxiety due to lack of response to her by myself or the insurance company, the thing is when I was given an instruction to pay her or to fill out paper work, it was done so within 8 working hours, when she had a choice to continue the process she did so on the 27th day of the 28 days she had to submit it.

What goes around comes around.

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 571620

Follow Up By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 15:40

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 15:40
hmmmm sounds like a benefit of the dobt thing, but patience!

That type just wrecks it for the rest of us who are legitament claiments.

FollowupID: 571656

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer Tours - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 15:51

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 15:51
I just read my response, I should note that there was no lack of response by me or the insurance company, this was her excuse to the doctor that is helping her scam the system.

I am letting the insurance mob handle the claim at the minute, and when it's all done then I will go after her, her doctor and the person from a job placement company who gave her confidential info about me.

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 571657

Follow Up By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 16:00

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 16:00
Be patient, you did the right thing she is doing the dodgey thing, breaks and fractures show up in x-rays and ultra sounds.

Ring insurance company, the insurance company ombudsman and ask for a second opinion from a doctor not from in the area etc etc, as i think you have the right to refute, surely your lawyer should be sayking this to you!!!
FollowupID: 571658

Reply By: Cruiserman1961 (QLD) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 06:17

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 06:17
Hey Steve,
sorry to hear about your ongoing trouble. We've got the same crap going on at my workplace. As soon as things get difficult or more complicated some people just go on the so called "stress leave". Cost the business thousands of dollars a year, puts pressure on the budget and the remaining dedicated workers who have to take up the slack. I used to be a cop in Germany and we never had the choice of stress leave. There are a lot of ripoffs out there Steve and unfortunately people like you and me foot the bill for the bludgers.
Keep your chin up mate, look at the marvelous workplace you have and don't let this person and the vulture lawyers get the better of you.
Good luck with the Ombudsman mate!
Cheers, Udo
AnswerID: 305554

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 06:56

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 06:56
Steve
All I can say is there's too much of that crap goes on and people like you have to pay , as you say you've been shafted,
Hang in there mate.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 305557

Reply By: Member - Bucky (VIC) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 07:03

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 07:03
Steve

Feel a bit sorry for you mate ...(checked the Archives)

I have sat on both sides of the fence here, and you seem to be

I think now there is an appeal court, but at what cost ?

Cannot be sacked, as it will cost you more !

Never had an issue with genuine people, but its the "dodgy ones" buggers it up for all.

Cheers
Bucky

AnswerID: 305558

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer Tours - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 11:36

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 11:36
She no longer works for me, as she refused to get a medical certificate to prove she was fit to do the job, I told her that if she obtained the certificate I would discuss her employment opportunity, she flat out refused so her position was terminated, this ended up as an unlawful dismissal and was thrown out.

She only worked for me for get this 3 DAYS.

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 571621

Reply By: Member - AJB (VIC) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 07:07

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 07:07
My sympathy is exteneded to you Steve on this matter.
Workcover should be abolished and everyone required to either obtain or contribute to a accident policy individually. The fee should be tax deductable and the cover 24/7. Self employed people do it so it is not rocket surgery! As an employer, we make workplaces as safe as possible but sometimes accidents happen for various reasons (shortcuts, stupidity, laziness, equipment failure) and sometimes someone rorts the system. As for "stress leave", if the job is too hard, bugger off, stay home and watch DVD's, and we'll get someone more capable or stand up and voice your concerns about what is stressful. Leave the job and find something that suits you, dont use the line, I can do the job if I get more time off and then perform less work when I return!". Thats not doing the job.
AnswerID: 305559

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 14:09

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 14:09
I am self employed, and I couldnt get Accident / Illness Insurance,
from the age of 55, the reason is I fell off a Reservoir ladder one night
done a bit of damage to my self, ended up taking a month off,
had my doctor help me make a claim, to my insurance, they made me
give all details of prior illnessess ect. made me have different independant tests re neck scans ect, and wiped me, lucky I didnt
end up in a wheel chair. Now I am self insured, other wise I would
not be allowed on a job site.

Cheers
Daza
FollowupID: 571640

Follow Up By: Members-Neil & Margie-Cairns - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 09:19

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 09:19
Neil had same problem, but only thing he complained about was his shoulder and they quaterzoned it, rested it and it was fine. The insurance wouldn't touch him, so we went through Combined Insurance for both sickness and accident. I had shoulder surgery Combined just wouldn't let me claim on the shoulder for first 2 or 5 years, 20 years ago I fell down stairs and cracked and chipped a vertebrae and now the vertebra is stuffed and I need surgery,and they will pay for my time off work.

Margie & Neil

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 571778

Reply By: Member - John G- Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 09:46

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 09:46
G'day Steve

I can't comment on your case, but good luck with it. It seems to me that since the HIH debacle, insurance companies are much less into carying or managing risk. Solicitors also - I am aware of a case where an individual sought a one-off legal consultation. Cost? $250 an hour + $1500. The $1500 was to cover any future work that might arise. Sounds like the "just in case" money to which you refer

Cheers
John
AnswerID: 305576

Reply By: Hairy (NT) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 13:17

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 13:17
Gday Steve,
I fu%$#@g hate bludgers! Always after something for nothing!
Should have just buried the bitch or thrown her in for burly.
Worst thing is, you cant just pay her and move on. They will sting you for years.
Id pay a bit more and catch her out.....or worse!

Cheers
AnswerID: 305593

Follow Up By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 14:51

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 14:51
The thing to remember here too Hairy is the genuine people,Whether it be Work Cover or Road Accident...

Its getting a lot harder for people to recieve a fair benefit/payout because of the scammers and they obviously far outweigh the genuine..

Its all laughable,There doctors say you may be 10% incapacitated because there being paid by WorkCover and your own Doctor state's that you are 50% incapacitated because he is being paid by you...

So Medical Science becomes corrupted by the almighty dollar !

Cheers

And Goodluck Stevo,Your up for a bit already so invest a bit more and Private Investigate Her...
FollowupID: 571646

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer Tours - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 15:02

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 15:02
I can't investigate her at the minute, as she is in England having a nice holiday at my expense.

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 571650

Reply By: KiwiAngler - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 15:44

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 15:44
New Zealand has had a progressive system in place for many years, that almost totally removes the need or right to sue - still happens occassionally but very rarely

This is something that Australia could adopt very easily

And just in case you don't read it on the website ACC applies to temporary vistors to NZ as soon as they step onto NZ soil

NZ ACC (Accident Compensation Commission) website
AnswerID: 305609

Reply By: Member - Roger B (VIC) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 22:08

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 22:08
Steve.Her only being with you 3 days reminds me of a large and very fair employer ( Nameless) where I worked some years ago. Everyone was initially employed on a permanent part time basis, and as time went on they made their way to full time positions. I couldn't tell you how many of these so and sos came up with an injury within a few weeks of being appointed fulltime. One person was injured on their first full time shift. Never ever came back,had a pay cheque sent to them each fortnight for about 2 years, then got a 6 figure payout. Who pays for all this ??? Honest people of course. Good luck Steve.
Roger,,,,,,
AnswerID: 305681

Reply By: Member - Michael J (SA) - Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 23:13

Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 23:13
Hi Steve,

There is no short answer. I remember reading your last post on this subject and thought to myself bugga.......not nice.

I have 2 fulltime, 2 casual and 6 part time employees.

There is no easy answer......I have been lucky in that I have not had problems like you have, however it is a very thin line that we live on.

It is a sad world when the genuine people are chit upon by
the parasites of the world.

Keep at it , don't let the bastards grind you down.

-something we should not have to put up with...

When the work load is over, come down south for some "R & R"
you will be most welcome.

Cheers
Michael
AnswerID: 305688

Sponsored Links