Bonz does it again!!!!!

Submitted: Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 10:26
ThreadID: 57970 Views:2384 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Mr Breakit BONZ was driving back from the Out Back Challenge in Mr & Mrs Al's beautifully presented cut and shut Yota when just above Wentworth when he was passed by one of the rear wheels. I am informed he sheared all 5 wheel studs off. Luckily he had a sat phone with him and rang Des Lexic who was still at the Challenge and he drove down and collected them and organised a Flat Bed to take the stricken Yota into Mildura. Time to change your ID Bonz, maybe Sexy Fingers may suit !!!!!!!

At this time Member Lucy is searching the site trying to find the errant wheel. Time will tell....

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 10:30

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 10:30
Oh dear...Bonz has beenlet back out onto the roads after his unzed incident....and look what happens!!

Good luck to 'em!!
AnswerID: 305715

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 10:57

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 10:57
When does Bonz officially become a declared road and safety hazard hahahahahaha

AnswerID: 305717

Reply By: Al & Mrs Al - Al & Lyn, Romsey - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 12:24

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 12:24
It's MY Toyota, and I don't think it's funny, luckily Bonz is ok, and MY car can be fixed....

Lyn :(
AnswerID: 305727

Follow Up By: Des Lexic - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 13:21

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 13:21
Hi Lyn,
Your belovedYota can easily be repaired, very much more easily than Mr Bonz's reputation.
You are indeed very lucky to get it back as the said accused did let me have a drive around Broken Hill and I was most reluctant to hand the keys back. It makes mine seem slower than a snail in comparison.
FollowupID: 571828

Follow Up By: Al & Mrs Al - Al & Lyn, Romsey - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 13:37

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 13:37
Al,
I just get annoyed by the need of people on this site to "tell on" others....it's a bloody scary thing to happen, and given the amount of time that has already been devoted to that car, I just don't understand why it had to be advertised, and I'm sure Bonz would rather it wasn't...it may be easliy fixed, but it'll still cost hours in the shed, which I'm sure Al would rather spend doing something else.

FollowupID: 571829

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 14:42

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 14:42
Hi Lyn ,

"I just get annoyed by the need of people on this site to "tell on" others...."

I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate accident and I am sure all members would feel the same way .

However I think it is only fair that Bonz cops heaps about it , from all members . I hardly feel that "telling on others" is an issue here . It's a "boy thing" , maybe that's why you don't get it .

Cheers ,

Willie .
FollowupID: 571835

Follow Up By: Al & Mrs Al - Al & Lyn, Romsey - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 14:54

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 14:54
Yep you're right, I don't get it,
FollowupID: 571838

Follow Up By: Blaze - Monday, May 26, 2008 at 02:04

Monday, May 26, 2008 at 02:04
Lyn,

At the time of putting this post up, I had spoken to the guys whilst they were in Mildura and new Bonz was fine and that the vehicle had minimal damage and was being covered by insurance. The post was supposed to give Bonz a bit of a stir after his last 12mths of disasters with vehicles etc.

Having just spent the last week with him at the OBC in Broken Hill I believe he would have taken it in the spirit it was written. He would have been amongst the first to stir me if I had done similar and I would have had a chuckle to myself as we are always stirring each other, along with Des, Lucy and a few others that seem to enjoy the banter... eg (Roachie ripping off his canopy door, John R doing a Diff in at Warraweena, Lucy splitting his water tank, ripping a tyre and cupboards breaking also at Warraweena) etc etc..

I think if you read the post again you will see no one would have got the opinion that Bonze was injured or anything.

Hope you can relook at post and see the spirit it was written in. I will be mindful of your feelings in all future posts..

Cheers
FollowupID: 571945

Follow Up By: Al & Mrs Al - Al & Lyn, Romsey - Monday, May 26, 2008 at 06:26

Monday, May 26, 2008 at 06:26
Hi,

when I saw him he looked pretty bleep tered, but that could have been due to lack of sleep and worried about how I'd be...I totally understand that it was an accident and you guys love to razz one another, and I read all the other stuff that happens here that people love to post about, but that's to their vehicles, not a vehicle that someone has borrowed from someone else, it's kind of a bit different. I have seen the pics and yes I'll agree the damage isn't too bad, though I won't really know until it's back here which won't be until next week.

Understand from my point of view, that I got the news at 2am and didn't really sleep well after that thinking about what had happened.

I enjoy banter as much as the next person, as my son just said "Geoff knocked our wheel off!" :) I just didn't need it yesterday, I would have rathered to have been able to talk and see Geoff properly first before it was put up on here.

Luckily for us, we didn't have any trips planned, as with Al's current workload the vehicle won't be fixed for a while.

Lyn
FollowupID: 571948

Reply By: Des Lexic - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 13:32

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 13:32
And you were accusing me of getting messages mixed up, at least I had an excuse as you have had several days rest.
Just to clarify a couple of points, Mr Bonz organised the flat bed pick up not me. Bonz's timing was impeccable though woth his 2.45 am phone call as I had just responded to another call out a few minutes before hand. It was only a call of nature fortunately and I was still awake. LOL All is well and Bonz will post pictures later when he gets home.
Another thing Blaze, it was most pleasing to see you acknowledge Toyota's as beautifully prepared. Maybe you have seen the light too and are coming out of the closet too like Bonz.
For the readers information, Bonz has taken the Mrs Al shopping trolley for the last two years as he knows that his hand grenade can't cut the Mustard up there at the challenge and when I arrived at the designated meeting place with my group, as soon as I got out of my Yota, Bonz was sitting behind the wheel of my Yoya nd wouldn't let me back behind the wheel until we left the site. Maybe he has his order placed with hislocal Toyota dealer all ready for his new vehicle. Come on Bonz, time to come out of the closet.
AnswerID: 305735

Sponsored Links