help, i need hot water

Submitted: Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 11:52
ThreadID: 57974 Views:2585 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi everyone,
i have a coleman hotwater on demand unit and it gone an broked on me, first the twist knob broke, replaved that and now she won't fire up. nothing happens at all. can anyone tell me who is a service agent for them on the sunshine coast. have been trying to get in touch with coleman and they haven't yet returned my calls or e-mails. unit is about 2 1/2 years old and wouldn't say had a lot of use. but love it when it is working. cheers
big pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grungle - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 12:06

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 12:06
Hi Sleepy,

I did a bit of research before buying mine yesterday and I have found that if it is not used that much the impellor on the pump can jam because it is rubber and dries out a little (?). Anyway, try checking the pump to see if it is going. If not pock a skewer in and try moving the impellor.

Also battery could be really flat and not accepting charge. Could remove cover and check voltage.

Regards
David
AnswerID: 305724

Follow Up By: sleepy1 - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 12:37

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 12:37
hi David,
will check pump but think it is more involved than that, have checked battery and is fully charged, seems to be a fualty switch issue maybe, anyway thanks.
big Pete
FollowupID: 571821

Reply By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 17:21

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 17:21
sleepy1

Drop the unit into your local Rays !

Cheers

AnswerID: 305772

Reply By: Outa Bounds - Monday, May 26, 2008 at 16:30

Monday, May 26, 2008 at 16:30
If you end up having to get a replacement, I can highly recommend a Primus one. I imagine it's virtually the same as a Coleman?

Anyway we've been using ours every night for about 4 months now. We did have an issue with the first one - pretty sure it was a bit faulty from the start, something to do with the safety switch that normally kicks in after the water is flowing through before you can light it, anyway got about 4 weeks out of it before a malfunction and it was replaced, straight swap out (thanks ARB).
Current one has been going strong for the rest of the time, showering 3 or 4 of us every night (which I imagine is a lot of use for these units).

We do have it permanently set up as we're in the process of building a house so it's our primary shower system whilst living in the shed. The pump is permanently in a small version of the big council rubbish bins.

One way to have water efficient showers anyway - I'm looking forward to a proper shower, real hot & full blast (allright not quite full blast). These camp jobs do a pretty decent job though!
AnswerID: 305957

Sponsored Links