Wedge Island Beach Run Feedback

How are we all, i just returned yesterday from doing the Beach Run from Lancelin to Wedge Island and i must hand my thanks out to the site for some useful info.

Me mate ran up with his suzuki vitara and i ran up with my 4 runner i gotta say those lil suzuki's are rippers ey. My advice out there to anyone attempting the beach run firstly, watch out for a couple major drops in the dunes just out of Lancelin, i nearly had an interesting meeting with the bottom of one hahaha, and watch the tides keep high on the beach as it can get a lil deceiving, i probably wouldnt advise attempting this time of year with only one vehicle. Oh an goes without sayin watch out for other vehicles had a couple surprising corners
Never the less a brilliant run some great scenery and only the suzuki got bogged (only cause someone got a lil cocky with a dune).
Anyhow time to find my next adventure, Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Monday, May 26, 2008 at 21:08

Monday, May 26, 2008 at 21:08
Did the run from Lancelin to Wedge yesterday as well. Did the inland run behind the dunes and by the time we hit Wedge the tide was well and truly in. Track has some nice muddy patches with stinking water. Managed to dodge the big downpour at about 2.30pm.

Dunes at Lancelin looked like a death trap with what appeared to be hundreds of quad, trike and motor bikes flying around everywhere at break neck speeds.

Think we may of spotted you guys on the way home?
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 306004

Sponsored Links