Tekonsha

Submitted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 10:03
ThreadID: 58041 Views:1734 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
I have a minor problem with my 1990 petrol (carby) Landcruiser. For some reason the brake lights will come on when the vehicle is parked, stay on for quite a few minutes (I have never timed it), and then turn off again. I have been told that it is the Tekonsha Voyager brake controller. I am inclined to believe that it is the controller as there are no other electronic devices that I can think of that would cause this effect. Now I hear that the Prodigy model also _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx current from the battery while the vehicle is parked which causes the trailer brakes to tick(Thread 58025). I have assumed that that it is the magnets being momentarily energized.
I had previosly made up my mind to fit a Prodigy to my new (to me) diesel Landcruiser rather than fitting the Voyager. Now I am having second thoughts. I'd hate to leave the vehicle parked for a couple of weeks only to find that the Tekonsha had flattened the battery. What do you think?
Doug
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DIO - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 10:26

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 10:26
A search on this forum's archives found heaps of references to the problem with Tekonsha brake controller and lights coming on. Have a read Link Tekonsha problems Good luck.
AnswerID: 306083

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 10:34

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 10:34
A few weeks ago found the brake lights on my 2002 Challenger on one night after a run down to the shops. There was no van connected. The Brake Force controller indicator light showed stuck green even when the brake pedal depressed. To turn the lights off I had to disconnect the battery connection and reconnect. Problem has not recurred to date.

This seems to be similar to the fault you reported - except different vehicle and different controller. Will watch with interest.

Dave
AnswerID: 306085

Follow Up By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 11:24

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 11:24
Is a fault with the earlier model Voyager They have been replaced free up until recently.
The Prodigy does not do this.
It does stay on a few minutes after turning key off and is supposed to but turns itself off.
Two little lights stay on for about 2 mins.
Never had a moments trouble with mine in two vehicles. Take it back and try for a replacement or upgrade to the Prodigy which is a much better unit.
FollowupID: 572113

Sponsored Links