recovery points for 2005 hilux dual cab

Submitted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 17:35
ThreadID: 58060 Views:4773 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all
does any one know if the 4, (2 welded on each side of the above vehicle,) tie down steel loops under the front of the above vehicle are suitable snatch points
thanks, this will help a mate out
fred
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Louie the fly - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 20:17

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 20:17
If you are referring to the pressed metal loops under the front & rear, then no. They are transportation attachments that are purely designed and installed to secure the car for transport. i.e. in a container, on a truck, etc. Don't use them for recovery purposes as they are not strong enough.

I would have though a Hilux would have a recovery hook at the front left side, but if not you can get one from an auto parts store. They have a standard hole pitch that fits most 4x4's. I put one on my 4runner (& have never had to use it!)

Cheers.
AnswerID: 306175

Reply By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 17:47

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 17:47
On an engineering point there is not an issue but Toyota will tell you they are tie down points due to there liabilities.

You will find most people will not pull you out if you only have the tie down points, if you fit the proper type then there are no issues.

Always use an equalizing strap.

Have a look at the photo n the bottom of this post...thats the red bits you can see.

AnswerID: 306342

Sponsored Links