A Bit Peeved

Submitted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 19:25
ThreadID: 58066 Views:1821 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Evening All,

Some may remember a few weeks back i put 4 stereos for various vehicles in the trader for "free to good home" i had a fantastic response and all were happy with paying the postage.got a card from australia post in the mail yesterday for a collection. went down to the post office and found 1 of them had returned. on 2 occasions they sent cards to the reciever,but clearly no response.left with no option but to pay the $20 to get the radio back,not that i wanted it but they wouldnt let me go without paying for it.i should have just chuckeed them out in the first place.but then there are 2 other extremely happy members out there with good radios.so theres my rant for the day.Paul
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mike Harding - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 20:06

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 20:06
>so theres my rant for the day

And a fair enough one too - being a member or contributor of/to this website is no guarantee a person is honest or genuine.

Mike Harding
AnswerID: 306173

Reply By: stefan P (Penrith NSW) - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 20:41

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 20:41
Hard lesson champ, next time, IF there is a next time, insist on them sending the cash to cover postage, that way you can't be stung
Stefan
AnswerID: 306184

Reply By: Stephen M (NSW) - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 21:14

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 21:14
Same thing happened to me but with out cost just inconvenience. Offered an old but in top nick TV cabinet to any body at work who wanted it. ""Yep I'll have it,Yep I'll have it,Yep I'll have it,"" Anyway went to the hassle of borrowing my neighbours trailer loading it up taking to work to the few who said they would take it and I was willing to take to there house for them. Oh sorry decided I dont want it, mind you this is an $800 TV cabinet with glass doors,well built and not a mark on it as I look after my stuff, So got the s hits bought it back home last week and put on Ebay and sold it for a few $$$$ Was nearly going to put the McCulloch through it but decided it was too good to destroy. As Steffan said $$$$ first or throw. Some people have no appreciation or respect for what other people offer them. Obviously you have there mailing address I would send them a sarcastic thankyou card for being a pain in the a rse. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 306195

Follow Up By: TD100 - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 21:21

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 21:21
Yeh funny you say that,i deleted them last week LOL Paul
FollowupID: 572193

Reply By: dedabato (SA) - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 23:50

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 23:50
Hello Paul,
I just saw your post and could not believe that someone could be so nasty and evil to do that to you after your generosity for giving the fantastic units to good home (my Toy-ota 80 series being one of those lucky ones) I'm so sorry to hear it and if it will make you feel any better I would gladly send $20 for your loss but as for the radio, toss it in the bin mate. Unfortunately someone else is going to miss out on a fantastic sound system. Too bad people are capable of screwing you badly which is really sad. Well mate, Chin up and don't loose fate in others as not all the rest are bad.
Cheers mate and happy travels
dedabato Image Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 306227

Follow Up By: TD100 - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 18:40

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 18:40
Hi Steve,

thank you for your offer but i cannot accept it,this is just one of those situations,it more than likely will be binned unless some one local wants it.i am glad you are happy with yours(2 out of 3 aint bad) once again thank you,you are a gentleman.cheers Paul
FollowupID: 572339

Sponsored Links