Land rover freelander again

Submitted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 20:55
ThreadID: 58070 Views:1418 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
First of all, thanks for all the replys,they are very helpful.
I been told the Freelander has 4 enginemounts, can anyone tell me if that is the case? The thing is, I am supposed to buy them here and bring them ( actually one) to my fried in Sri Lanka, where it seems to cost a fortune. She seems to be sure that there is 4 though. The last Rover I looked under the bonnet was some 20 years ago and it was a 1969 Landie.
Since that I have had only Japanese cars, so I have no Idea what they build these days. Anyway, I am sure there is a few people which actually own one in this forum and I would really appreciate to know if there is 4 and if so, are they all the same and also are they the same in diesel and petrol if known, Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stevesub - Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 22:13

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 22:13
I used to own a V6 Freelander (best thing I did with it was to selll it). I cannot remember how many engine mounts it had but I remember two at the top and I had to replace one at the bottom so the V6 had a minimum of 3 - all different.

There were 4 engines in the Freelanders until the latest model which has different engines again.

The original diesel (4 cyl) and 1.8 (4 cyl Rover) petrol, then the V6 (2.5litre 6 cyl Rover) and TD4 (4 cyl BMW) diesel. My guess is that they all had different mounts as there was a mixture of engines from different manufacturer's. The earlier engines where on the 1st Freelanders until around 2000/2001, then the V6 and TD4 took over but the 1.8 petrol may have stayed on in some markets after this date.

If you look under the bonnet of a Freelander, you will find it looks very much like a Jap car (plastic covers, tubes and wires everywhere with sideways engine) rather than the 1969 Landie that is real basic under the bonnet.

Good Luck with your search but I suggest you get the type of engine and year of the vehicle plus which mount before you part with $$$.

Stevesub

AnswerID: 306212

Reply By: Rod - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 11:41

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 11:41
If you don't get an answer here, try the AULRO forum

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/
AnswerID: 306291

Sponsored Links