Jackaroo systems shutdown

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 04, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 581 Views:1702 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Not so much a question but some info for other late model Jackaroo owners.

I had an experience on the weekend which initially concerned me but which turned out to be a minor
problem.

Driving my TD Auto with a small 6 x 4 trailer attached trailer I found he motor cut out coming down an incline
and after stopping found that the "Ceck trans" warning light was on and no matter what I did the vehicle would not
start. All the manual says is go to the nearest GMH dealer asap to rectify the problem.

Thinking I had somehow blown the transmission to the schizenhousen I was amazed when the RACV guy said its probably
the trailer and you have a short somewhere. Sure enough a brake fuse had blown and as this fuse also covers the transmission
lights the computer got confused and shut down the motor entirely - bloody un-nerving on a decline and no longer have power steering
could in fact be dangerous in some circumstances. New fuse and disconecting the trailer lights
fixed the problem but I'm glad it wasn't towing a two tonne van or boat going down
Cunninghams Gap as that would be real scary.

Have reported this back via local dealer to GMH and will be interesting to hear response.

The RACV guy indicated that he had seen the problem with tojos and nissans too - seems crazy
that a blown fused can make for an really unsafe situation - must be hundreds of boat owners who
regularly blow fuses with lights under water.

Has anyone else struck this trouble?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links