Toyota 200 Series - Possible Recall

Submitted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 18:23
ThreadID: 58145 Views:3361 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Toyota have withdrawn towing wiring kits from sale due to the control box blowing up on several vehicles.
Apparently it is possible to overload the system if running several lights on the towed vehicle causing damage to the wring control box.
A new designed kit is currently being developed and due out in about 4 weeks.
I personally haven't had a problem but I will be putting my hand up for a new kit next service. It is not an official recall yet but it may end up being the case.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dunaruna - Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 19:46

Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 19:46
Interesting. I bought and fitted one yesterday, the toyota spare parts guy didn't say anything.
AnswerID: 306583

Reply By: autosparky - Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 21:46

Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 21:46
a relay system similar to hilux tow pack is being investigated
AnswerID: 306618

Reply By: Member - Jeff O (VIC) - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 16:43

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 16:43
RICHO
I PURCHASED A NEW GXL TORBO DIESEL YESTERDAY AND I ARRANGED WITH THE SALESMAN TO FIT A TOWBAR WITH A FLAT 7 PIN PLUG .I WAS BROWSING THE FORUM YESTERDAY AND CAME ACROSS YOUR POST.
I TOOK A COPY OF THE POST TO THE SERVICE MANAGER AND ASKED HIM ABOUT THE WIRING.HE WAS NOT AWARE ANY PROBLEMS.AFTER CHECKING WITH TOYOTA ON THE COMPUTER
HE TOLD ME THAT TOYOTA ARE NOT DOING A RECALL BUT WILL SUPPLY A HEAVIER DUTY SYSTEM FOR THE 200 SERIES AT NO EXTRA COST.HE IS INFORMING ALL HIS STAFF OF THIS.
IT APPEARS THAT IF YOU DO NOT ASK YOU WILL GET THE STANDARD VERSION. I DON'T RECALL THE PART NO
BUT I DO REMEMBER THAT THE LAST 2 DIGITS ON THE STANDARD 7 PIN WAS ----30 AND ON THE HEAVIER WAS ---31
I AM DEALING WITH MELTON TOYOTA HERE IN VIC AND I AM HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE THEY ARE PROVIDING ME.
REGARDS
JEFF.O

JEFF.O

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 307901

Sponsored Links