european caravans

Submitted: Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:02
ThreadID: 58187 Views:4900 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everybody, thought it was time I registered with explore oz so as I can put in my two bits worth. I have been looking at the forum for two years and must say have been informed and entertained by all the different posts and the variety of responses.

I have a turbo diesel 80series sahara and love it, the reliability, comfort and performance of the vehicle never ceases to amaze me. I purchased it from a dealer with 290,000 on the clock, it has now done nearly 400,000. He had just put 15,000 dollars of offroad gear on it so it is fully fitted out and is very capable off road especially with diff locks front and back which were standard on this model.

I have seen on previous posts people asking about european caravans, I bought one 3yrs ago and have lived in it permanently for the same period, it is their biggest model, tandem axle, shower and toilet etc etc. Without trying to sound too over the top I love it as well it is so bloody comfortable and well laid out, being european it comes into its own in the winter with ducted heating through out and it turns it into a lovely warm cocoon. In 3yrs I have had a few minor problems but the back up service has been fantastic. The thing tows like a dream and is perfectly matched to the landcruiser. If this sounds like a plug it is, I believe in telling about things that are good, there is so much crap out there, and dare I say it people that dont tell the truth.

I have done about 30,000ks travellling but will be doing a lot more in the future.They call my age group the grey nomads I am more the bald nomad, and loving it!

Bald Eagle
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ZukscooterX90 - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:10

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 19:10
Welcome aboard Mr Eagle & well done with your purchases.
Bob.
AnswerID: 306809

Reply By: Member - Yikes... (WA) - Friday, May 30, 2008 at 21:03

Friday, May 30, 2008 at 21:03
oh thats great.. its fantastic to read posts where people love what they have...

so a bald nomad eh.. wonder what that makes us.. in our 30's and of no fixed abode... got plently of hair on the noggan thou

hmm hairy wombat nomads ?
AnswerID: 306826

Reply By: Ray - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 07:57

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 07:57
Hi. Welcome. You say that you have a European caravan? Europe is a whole continent with lots of different cultures. What country do you mean?
The reason that I asked is that my son has a Palomino camper van. It is quite well built but I have seen better. He had a bit of trouble here in W.A. getting it re licensed due to the fact that it was left hand drive, if you can say that about a camper and the gas fittings did not comply but it had been previously licensed in Victoria.
AnswerID: 306878

Sponsored Links