Bridgestone Tyres

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 582 Views:1670 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experiance with Bridgestone desert Duelers 693 patten, I'm think of fitting a set of 285/75 x 16's to my GU Patrol.

Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ian - Wednesday, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:00
Dave i have had a set fitted to my landcruiser about 5 months ago, havent had it off road that much yet but have found the traction was good and they are showing no signs of wear so am fairly happy with them for the price, Ian
AnswerID: 1530

Reply By: chel - Saturday, Dec 08, 2001 at 01:00

Saturday, Dec 08, 2001 at 01:00
Dave, We had these same tyres fitted six months ago. We had ours fitted in May 2001 they have travelled 20,000 with half of this on dirt roads which included a trip to NT plus we live on dirt/sandy road. They are wearing well with proper upkeep. Not one puncture yet either and handle the bitumen or dirt road.
AnswerID: 1554

Reply By: Joe - Monday, Dec 10, 2001 at 01:00

Monday, Dec 10, 2001 at 01:00
Dave,

I had a set of D693s fitted to my Pajero about 18 months (and 35,000 klms) ago and I have been very pleased with their performance in all conditions. Highly recommended.

I can't comment on wear rates though - I had an unfortunate wheel alignment experience where the technician (well, that is what he called himself) set it up with the same sort of toe-in as an HSV. While this did make the handling a fair bit sharper it also rooted the outside edges of the tyres. When I took it back they rotated the tyres and re-set the alignment. Unfortunately they re-set it to the same HSV specs as before and I therefore gained outside edge wear on ALL the tyres.

However, from the wear rates evident in the centre of the tread area it loks as if I would have expected about 60k before need ing replacement.

I have had no punctures at all, and they have worked well in rocky conditions as well as slippery wet rocks and sand. I can't comment on their mud work - the little I have seen I have had no problems with, but it was not much.

Enjoy.

Joe
AnswerID: 1564

Sponsored Links