2008 Outback challenge,

Submitted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 22:21
ThreadID: 58239 Views:2000 Replies:1 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,who won the 2008 Outback challenge? And who came in second and third place. thank you...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:21

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:21
Take a look at http://www.outback4x4challenge.com

Challenge class
Muppet took the honours
Todd and Ivan second after a controversial part change
Coop and Hummer THIRD again (Hummers 4th or 5th third place)

Trophy class
Peter and Jane Von Pein (GO the Patrol!)

Was a great week of competition.

Lucy broke the Troopy (a bit)

EO were there in numbers, 5 members as officials and a great BBQ at DaveB and Nora's what a cook.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 307053

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:37

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:37
Bonz,

"Lucy broke the Troopy (a bit)"

I don't think that happened at all cause there has been no photographic evidence as yet.....................although he has not been on here since it was reported by Pesty LOL

Good to see that you were unharmed in the incident

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 572905

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:38

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:38
Wanna see the quote for repairs???

And get your wheel nuts checked on the 100series

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 572906

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:42

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:42
The nuts or the studs??

Is he still up there slaving to pay for it is he ha ha
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 572907

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 11:43

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 11:43
oh no its the studs that broke when I was driving home, Lucy is back home and licking his wounds

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 572940

Follow Up By: Blaze - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 13:58

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 13:58
Lucy licking his wounds....... Hmmm Things I dont hear about by leaving a day early. Hopefully Bonz you can fill in the blanks for me?
FollowupID: 572966

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 17:01

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 17:01
I dare not say for me just may
Call by and see what we with glee
tells yarns about and even shout
as Lucy's Troopy is darn near droopy

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 572985

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 17:06

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 17:06
I was there when it happened!! I didn't have a camera, but I was quickly enlisted to do some road-building so that Lucky could reverse the poor stricken Droopy out of it's burial site. What a sad sight it was....hahahaha The only damage to Lucky, was to his pride. He (again!!!!) found out that the droopy is not actually a Sherman Tank. Fair dinkum, every trip I've ever been on with this bloke, he always makes me look good. He goes out of his way to do things that take the heat off me. Of course, the Chev-Nissan performed flawlessly....what a doddle.....

Now Blaze, I nearly fell-over when your partner-in-crime informed me that you went AWOL with only one day to go!!!! Your SWMBO must have had something REALLY special in store for you, to make you want to leave Des's side in such a rush.... hahahaha
FollowupID: 572988

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 17:13

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 17:13
Oh, forgot to add.......

Mr Bonzarelli ...... Lucky has been most unkind towards you; keeps babbling on about you being a prize-number-one chit magnet!!! (I thought he meant "chick" magnet; but I got the pronunciation wrong it seems).

Of course, I would NEVER even think such a ghastly thing about Sir Bonz....in my eyes you are omnipitant. But, it does beg the question: "Will you now cease and desist with this lust and envy of Blandcruisers; please, PLEASE!!!!!"..... You just stick with what you and I both know is best: PATROL!!!!

If anybody is unsure, a quick check of the winners, runners-up and other major contenders at the OBC would quickly prove to you all, just what the pro's have known for ages.... Blandcruisers are a lovely town car...... BUT don't take a knife to a gun-fight!!!! hahahahaha
FollowupID: 572989

Follow Up By: Blaze - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 21:58

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 21:58
Well Master Roachie,

SWMBO tells me I would have to cut out your toungue if I told you what she had waiting for me. LOL

Truth is I had towed a BLISSAN Comp Car from Nundooka to HQ and said to Mr Lexic that I would take an early minute rather than spend another night with him.

Actually towing that BLISSAN looked similar in my mirrors, as I usually see them behind me through my mirrors, but I must admit you did pass me with your CHEVISSAN, but I have to add I was parked at the time........

By the way tell your lovely wife, I have DVD with pictures and movie Ill send you.
FollowupID: 573114

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 22:38

Sunday, Jun 01, 2008 at 22:38
Me too please Blaze (the DVD mate) and Roachie, I do believe that Annette's famous Anzacs didn't make an entrance at HQ or anywhere else that I saw, I expect that you'll remedy that via Australia Post

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 573120

Sponsored Links