Baxter Cliffs run at Christmas

Submitted: Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 10:11
ThreadID: 58286 Views:2280 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I want to start planning a trip to the Eyre Bird Santuary and the Baxter Cliffs area at christmas time.will take 6 4x4 vechiles and would love to explore the area.I have never been down that way ,so i am looking forward to the trip.Any information or advice would be greatly apreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: disco driver - Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 11:20

Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 11:20
It can be bloody hot down there at Xmas, make sure you have plenty of water (at least 2 litres per person per day).
It doesn't matter if you don't use it, but you can be in big strife if you don't have enough for all in the group.

Disco.
AnswerID: 307306

Reply By: Member - joc45 (WA) - Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 13:21

Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 13:21
Hi Dennis,
I've done the trip a few times. Yes, it can get quite hot, but can also be refreshingly cool. Just how you jag the weather. A January trip was quite pleasant weather. As far as the beach run goes, this is about the best time, having done it in October, where it was a bit dicey.
Have just sent an email on info to another member, incl waypoints. Drop me a line on gezza90 (at) amnet (dot) net (dot) au. But do it before Tues morning, coz I'm off to Kalbarri for a couple of weeks of torture.
cheers,
Gerry
AnswerID: 307318

Reply By: Rod, Sydney - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:53

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:53
Hi. You'll have a great time but as the others have said it can get very hot.

You will have a big group that may overwhelm the Eyre Bird Observatory - I'd suggest you get in touch with them soon to start planning that portion of your trip.

Cheers
Rod, Perth

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 307861

Reply By: Member -Signman - Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 17:35

Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 17:35
G'day Dennis
I spoke with John yesterday (you have his number??)
He will be caretaker at Eyre over the summer.
No probs. about contacting him, and he'll be happy to show you around.
He's off on the Desert Discovery next Saturday for about 2 months- so won't have phone contact....
Cheers

AnswerID: 309710

Sponsored Links