O/T Attempted Coupe on the King's Dyno Reign

Submitted: Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 16:48
ThreadID: 58298 Views:2117 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
This is really just a public dig a couple of lads trying to shut the mouth of one very vocal Patrol owner (namely me LOL) but has benefit to all 3lt Navara owners.

Well well well, while the king (me) was away working, trying to syphon as much cash from the NSW economy and bring it back to god's own territory, a couple of the lads up here thought they would have a go at dethroning me from the dyno supremo title.

The gas sniffing dinosaur of Pezza's shorty just couldn't sniff in enough of the good stuff to keep the rear end pedalling whilst still keeping things healthy under the bonnet. What a shame as it was looking good for a while but as they say if it ain't in print it didn't happen LOL!! At least you can work on yours Pezza, not like poor ol' Rossco

What can we say about the 3lt Nav of Ross H..... so close yet so far hey Ross? In Ross's situation I feel so sorry for him and have explained the situation like this to him. "You have 80% of what is possible out of a Nav and that is not bad but what if you equated that to your love life, it would mean you head off to expend some emotion and get told you are only able to touch 80% of her body" leaving the best bits untouched is just criminal and I don't know how he sleeps at night.

While it was all bad news for the less than capable duo, it is not all bad news for 3lt Nissan navara owners that have not yet shelled out big bucks on mods but still intend on doing so in the name of real horsepower. The venue for the dyno run provided a readout of a Navara 3lt running 150 odd HP and 780lb of torque, this is very favourable to many 4.2 turbo Patrol figures and should really make the Nav light up the rear on demand. I enclose the dyno below for real visual impact as it is impressive but to get the real crux of what was done to this Nav you would be best off speaking direct with the Turbo shop on the printout.

Image Could Not Be Found

Better luck next time guys ROFL!!
Signed Dyno Supremo, King Cane Toad.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross H (QLD) - Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 18:02

Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 18:02
Yeh Good onya Boxhead oh sorry your royal boxhead...hehehe
At least ours survived the dyno unlike a certain 4.2 if it had to go on, chances are the condition of that sick turbo and fuel pump you might have gone home with more parts than you came with.
When pezza sorts out his fuel issues your gooone......:) hahaha
Maybe next time.
Ross
AnswerID: 307358

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 19:16

Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 19:16
Funny thing is, I couldn't get the Patrol to replicate it's noises today but today it was unloaded and not being asked to do a $1.40 with a tonne of gear in the back???????
Up to Caboolture in the mornin, give it a good run and take it to mechanic while it is hot.

Talk soon Trevor.
FollowupID: 573230

Reply By: Pezza (Bris) - Tuesday, Jun 03, 2008 at 22:49

Tuesday, Jun 03, 2008 at 22:49
Bah !! I only got it done hoping it would help sell it, a few extra ponies here or there makes no difference in these things, they're still slow, lumbering behemoths with a fun factor that doesn't even scrape the surface of my usual pastime.......

Image Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 307634

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 04, 2008 at 12:29

Wednesday, Jun 04, 2008 at 12:29
hahahaha bloody hooligan, if you do that on a 950 I would love to see you on the 600 hehehee.

As ross has said, lucky I didn't get mine back on the dyno, pump is r.s turbo needs attention and all is not well, compression test being done on Tuesday before I open the wallet to fix her all up again.

Cheers Trevor.
FollowupID: 573531

Sponsored Links