Brisbane Show Report

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 14:47
ThreadID: 58402 Views:2360 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Ok Folks we went to the Show yesterday and although we spent most of the day there we cannot say that we saw the show in total.
We were not looking for a van or camper but for those that were there was a wonderful range of brands and styles on display. On road, Off road, Family vans and even 5th wheelers. Full display of campers and some new styles in just about every range.

Accessories were well represented and despite the site layout maps being difficult - make that extremely difficult - to read we were able to find most of what we particularly wanted to see.
It would help if the the buildings were clearly marked and the number placed prominentlt at eye level.

As usual the food was not good and in the main expensive. 600ml of Coke $4.20 for example. We took our own but there is a shortage of seating. Being first day there were some teething problems with stands still setting up or waiting for stock to be deliveredi.

Must say that most of the exhibitors were very well tuned to answer the questions and I have made note for myself for future dealings. You only get once chance to make a good first impression and some are doing it well. I just hope they are rewarded with a great show.

We took the train to Brisbane and used the complimentary train instead of driving down. It was a smart ploy and a couple of the accessoories stands were ready for the obvious 'If I buy it now can you have it delivered?' No problem providing the stuff actually arrives.

Good day. Saw heaps. Would have liked to have gone back today because there was a lot I didn't see.

Kevin J
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: campervan - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 18:03

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 18:03
Thanks for this information, very informative.
AnswerID: 307926

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 19:54

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 19:54
I went there today too and was amazed at how big it was. I am used to big shows but this seemed huge to me. I didn't see it all either.

Did you see that bloody big, bloody nice MAN 4x4 motorhome....droooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllll if only I had a lazy 600 grand hehehehe.....I hear you saying but it was only 585,000....I know but don't forget you will need to fill the tanks....15 grand should just about do it LOL!!!

Also loved the all alloy camper trailer with full remote opening and full air suspension mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Cheers, Trevor.
AnswerID: 307962

Sponsored Links