Booking sites in July

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 17:22
ThreadID: 58412 Views:1474 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, We are ready to head off during the July school holidays for 3weeks. Will go from Syd to Dubbo , lightning ridge & up to maybe longreach.. Do you think it's pretty easy to get a powered site for our campertrailer during this period or is it wise to make a few bookings
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 17:45

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 17:45
Went through Lightning Ridge and Longreach about this time last year.
Most parks were filling up about 4pm to 5pm, for powered sites.
We usually use non powered with our CT and had no problems, they could always squeeze us in down the back. But some caravans were being turned away and were looking for another park.

If you are sure of your intentions, book.
Me, I would maybe ring ahead a day or two in advance while on the road if worried. Gives you a chance to talk to a few others on the road and get the names of the better parks.

Have a good trip.
AnswerID: 307915

Reply By: rumpig - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 19:02

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 19:02
not sure what date your school holidays start and end down there, but here in qld they end on the 13th of july. so if your up here after that you should be right. although all the southerners will be up this way for the winter so wouldn't hurt to book a day or 2 in advance if you know exactly where your going to be.
AnswerID: 307943

Reply By: ss--ss - Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 19:05

Thursday, Jun 05, 2008 at 19:05
Thanks guys, that's good advise to just ring ahead from the mobile phone when I know where I'll be...
AnswerID: 307945

Sponsored Links