under the niassan patrol

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 17:26
ThreadID: 58522 Views:1566 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
for the nissan wizzes
under the rear of the 2003 gu patrol rhs near the diff is a bracket with a spring which appears to attach to brake lines can anbody tell me about this thing

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - shane (SA) - Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 17:32

Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 17:32
i would say its the thing responsible for the amount off back brakes you have when you have it loaded up. adds more brake pressure to the back as the back goes down.
AnswerID: 308552

Reply By: Member - Ed. C. (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 18:19

Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 18:19
Shane (SA) is on the money...

"A load sensing proportioning valve (LSPV) is incorporated in the hydraulic system to prevent premature locking of the rear brakes by controlling the hydraulic pressure, dependant on the weight of the load being carried in the rear of the vehicle. the valve is mounted to the vehicle under body and connected to the rear axle housing by a tension spring."
Courtesy of Mr. Gregory;-))

You will note that there is a bleeder valve there which should be bled along with the caliper valves whenever the the hydraulic fluid is changed...

Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 308569

Reply By: Waynepd (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 18:37

Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 18:37
Yep its the load sensing valve for you brakes. It also needs adjusting if you do a suspension lift.
AnswerID: 308576

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 19:19

Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 19:19
Yep, Wayne is right about it needing to be adjusted if you do a suspension lift.

BUT, Don't try adjusting the valve itself. If you do a 2" suspension lift, just make up a piece of steel bar with 4 holes drilled through it. Use this bar to raise the height of where the bracket is attached to the axle tube. So, for a 2" lift, the bottom hole and the 3rd hole would need to be 2" apart. Bolt the bar to the bracket and then to the axle tube. As a rule of thumb, the fat spring should be horizontal when the vehicle is sitting unladen.

Cheers

Roachie
FollowupID: 574584

Sponsored Links