adventra wagon door issues

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 20:35
ThreadID: 58535 Views:5020 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys, hoping someone out there might have some ideas to help me. Problem 1- the wagon door on my 04 Holden Adventra doesn't want to latch. It 'catches' but won't fully latch until slammed quite hard.I have checked and there is nothing fouling the back door. The rubber stoppers higher up on the door are wound right in. ?any ideas.
Problem 2- the wagon door collects water when its been raining.The water is getting into the inside of the metal skin and then leaking out of the trim stops on the bottom sill of the door.Darned if I know where its getting in. Any ideas on how to look for the source of the leak? Thanks in anticipation .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TD100 - Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 21:11

Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 21:11
Oz Doc,

i take it you are talking about the "5th door" as in the tailgate?if you are ours has always been tight,a drop of a little height has always been required to shut it properly(06 VZ Adventra).we had a problem with the right rear leaking water in a downpour but a simple move inward on the catch fixed the problem.check the rubber properly,make sure it isnt split and sealer is good behind it.maybe oull the plastic trims off it and sit in the back with someone hosing it to see where it comes in.hope this helps.cheers Paul
AnswerID: 308631

Follow Up By: oz doc - Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 21:52

Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 21:52
Thanks TD100, yes I am talking about the tailgate. It used to shut ok but now needs a really good slam to get it to latch fully. Have lubed the latch and checked that it is seated. Can you explain what you mean by "a simple move inward on the catch"? Ta doc.
FollowupID: 574638

Follow Up By: TD100 - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:04

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:04
OzDoc,

the hoop catch at the bottom near the bumper bar may have moved or bent in,you should be able to loosen it and move it outwards,tighten it and see how it closes.i was talking about the rear driver side door adjustment.i havent checked to see if the gate hoop is adjustable,should be though. Paul
FollowupID: 574848

Sponsored Links