NM Paj: best path for a wire from battery to rear bar

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 21:14
ThreadID: 58537 Views:2547 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all.

Does anyone who owns or has owned an NM/NP Pajero have any advice on the best path to take to run a wire from the engine bay to the rear bumper, and from an internal switch to the rear bumper?

I have bought a small light to attach to the underside of the rear bumper of my NM Pajero, and I will set it up with a relay to come on when reverse is selected. This is to give me extra light when reversing.

I will have an overide switch in the dash, and plan to mount the relay near the light at the back (unless it's better to have it at the front?).

So, I need to run a wire from the battery to the relay, and from the reverse light up to the switch and back to the relay. Is there an easy way to take the wires from inside the car to the light on the underside of the bumper? (I'm not sure yet about the location of the relay.)

Thanks!

Cheers,
Mike.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AdrianLR (VIC) - Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 21:26

Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 21:26
Wire runs along the door sills - take off the plastic trim and you'll find a plastic molding with room for another wire. Then up the wheel arch under the carpet and benind the back panel. Take off the trim that hold the carpet to the door opening and tape the wire to a straightened coat hanger. You'll see the coat hanger through the opening where the third row seats latch. There's a gromet in the floor inside the panel between the seat latch and the bumper. Easier to find from underneath. You can alos get into this space from the rear light cluster, again through a grommet behind the cluster.

At the front you can eitehr dismantle the centre console if you want to have the switch in one of the blants in front of the gearlever or mount it on the dash near your knees.

Clear as mud? Have a look on the Victorian Pajero Club forum for more detail and other suggestions.

Adrian
AnswerID: 308637

Follow Up By: Mike - Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 23:49

Sunday, Jun 08, 2008 at 23:49
Thanks Adrian.

It's the grommet access you mention that was the missing piece to my puzzle. I'll take a look at that.

Cheers,
Mike.
FollowupID: 574672

Sponsored Links