gove members

Submitted: Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 15:59
ThreadID: 58560 Views:2171 Replies:6 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
We are visiting gove around late July early August and we were wondering if there are any members who would mind if we could leave our car/Tvan at there place while we fly back Adelaide to vist relies & friends ? Would be for aprox 3 weeks, not asking to set up camp in your yard just leave our rig.
Thanks
Lyndon & Bernadette
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mal and Di (SA) - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 18:17

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 18:17
Lyndon
Good to see that you are back on line, have been watching out for your name popping up.
How did you go on the Oodnadatta section?
We leave next week to do same.
M.
AnswerID: 308829

Follow Up By: Member - lyndon K (SA) - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:58

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:58
Hi
After all that we didn't end up going up the track, oh well always next time. Spoke to a few people who have travelled it lately and it didn't sound to hard. Off to Cobourg tomorrow to catch more fish! :)
Cheers Lyndon

FollowupID: 574998

Reply By: Stephen M (NSW) - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:19

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:19
Any time you are in our area (Penrth Sydney) and require to store no problems, just let me know what dates and will book my holidays for that time, sure the prado will tow it ok LOL. Only kidding but offer stands if you need to. Have a slab out the back which we had the ski boat and camper trailer on so no problems. As long as its the same height as a pop top or lower it will go through our garage no problems. We have 2.7M wide doors and through out to the back. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 308840

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:49

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:49
Lyndon,

I am the same as Steve, if you are up this way (Gladstone area) and need some where to store the Troopy and Trailer let me know and I'll sort something out for you.

Cheers Sir Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 574867

Reply By: Member - lyndon K (SA) - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:55

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:55
Thanks for the offers folks.
Now where are those gove members??? :)

AnswerID: 308978

Follow Up By: ctaplin - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:08

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:08
Hi Lyndon,

Sticking my neck out here as I'm not management but the best I can do is if you stay with us for at least one night here at the Walkabout Lodge, you can leave you're rig here while you head back to Adelaide. It would be in a secure area inside our grounds but would left here at your own risk. It could be parked where the pink truck is in the link.

Chris
FollowupID: 575001

Reply By: Member - lyndon K (SA) - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 14:42

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 14:42
Hi Chris
Thanks for that, will take you up on that offer.
At that time of year do we need to book far in advance if only staying one night?
Re the grog laws, i realise we cannot carry in with us but can we buy it there and take with us when camping?
Cheers Lyndon & Bernadette

AnswerID: 309008

Follow Up By: ctaplin - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 15:59

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 15:59
You would probably need to book in advance as we tend to be at high occupancy around that time. Do you have a fixed date when you'll be flying out of Gove as yet?
You can get a liquor permit from the court house when you arrive, they basically just scan your SA licence and you can then buy grog straight away.
Most of the designated Dhimurru recreation areas where you can camp are okay to consume grog but there are some areas nearer the town that are dry areas. All the best campspots like Little Bondi, Cape Arnhem, Scout Camp, Wonga Creek, Memorial Park are all wet areas.
Towing isn't allowed at most of these, are you able to camp without your Tvan?

Chris
FollowupID: 575056

Reply By: Member - lyndon K (SA) - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 17:14

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 17:14
Hi Chris
GREAT NEWS ABOUT THE GROG! :)
We were starting to get thirsty just thinking about it! :)
Not sure of dates yet,of to Cobourg tomorrow then in Darwin till 10th July,will start to make our way there after that.
The better half is already complaining at leaving the Tvan behind :)
We have a tent.
I thought it was only to cape arnhem you could not tow?
Do you know the reason behind the "no tow" as our van will go places the car cannot.
Thanks again for all you advise
Lyndon

AnswerID: 309041

Follow Up By: ctaplin - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 21:51

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 21:51
Hi Lyndon & Bernadette,

Email me again if you can as I don't alway check here. You must have changed your address as my message bounced.

It may just be Cape Arnhem, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Wonga creek is also off limits. Not really sure as we don’t tow and I never see anyone else tow into these areas. We went to Memorial Park last week and Laura commented on the way in that there is virtually nowhere that two vehicles could pass one another as the tall eucalypts line the track and getting off track isn’t possible mostly. I know Tvans are virtually indestructible as I researched them a bit before my parents bought one last year but towing does limit manoeuvrability whatever the thing you’re towing happens to be.

Chris

Enjoy Cobourg!

Chris
FollowupID: 575139

Reply By: flashwillie - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 21:30

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 21:30
first thing get your dhimurru permits. cape arnham track is very sandy also onwners take a dim view of people towing trailers out there other placers not so bad ,grog: keep it out of sight,storage:try a notice on the town board near wollies,also try business places in the industrial areathey may lock it up in their yards ,people in nhulunbuy are very helpfull its a beautifull place.
AnswerID: 309106

Sponsored Links