Vehicle wind skirt

Submitted: Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 18:38
ThreadID: 58568 Views:1830 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I've got a awning on the car which comes with an end wall.

Usually this is all I need, but there are a few times when the wind shifts around and you cop a lot of freezing air coming from beneath the car (Vic High country).

Seems to me it wouldn't be all that difficult to produce with a couple of attachment points to the wheels, Bull bar and tow bar.

Anyone know if this sort of product is available any where?

If not, I'll give a fella I know in QLD a call and get one made up.

Regards

Kim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phillip S (WA) - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:16

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:16
Kim, buy a cheap blue tarp and "cut and paste" to the design you want...put the eyelets/ fixings where they should go....then road test it....then you will a pattern for exactly what you want....this is the method I use for all my projects.
AnswerID: 308839

Follow Up By: Member - Kim M (VIC) - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:46

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 19:46
Gidday Phillip

I've pretty much done that already over the years in one form or the other. Be good though if a manufacturer came up with a generic product available to everyone.

There's probably a few traders on this site who may be interested.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 574865

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 20:34

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 20:34
There are too many variables to produce a generic model. It is the same with caravans. Aussie Traveller have standard walls for three sides of their annexes but have to measure carefully to produce the skirt.

PeterD
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 574889

Follow Up By: Member - Kim M (VIC) - Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 20:56

Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 20:56
Peter

I don't think so. The length of most popular 4wds are pretty much the same, give or take a few inches (Toyota, Nissan).

I'd be a bit surprised if some clever fella can't come with a design. This has nothing to do with annexes or awnings.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 574896

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 01:09

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 01:09
Kim

Whether you fit the skirt as part of an annex or use it on its own to stop the wind from coming under the vehicle it is still the same sort of skirt. It does not matter whether it is on a 4WD or a caravan it is still a skirt to stop the breeze.

PeterD
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 574954

Sponsored Links