coleman service, not happy with it,

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 19:26
ThreadID: 58611 Views:2372 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
evening everyone,
we have a hot water on demand and about 3 months back the control knob broke. spent a good week or so trying to find a service agent on the sunshine coast with no joy, and that is from Coleman them selves. they said take it to any place that sells them and they will deal with it for you, yer right. they won't have anything to do with it as we didn't buy it from them. brought it from the gold coast around two years ago. sent a e-mail to Coleman about 4-5 weeks ago and just received a reply today. ( now that's service for you, not ) rung the travel rep today and he says he will get onto it asap and if can't get it done this week will look at replacing it with a new one. will wait and see. thought they would have been a bit better than that.
my rant for the day. have a good evening.
Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - shane (SA) - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 20:21

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 20:21
i had a problem with mine as a lot of people did with the first batch, rang them in Sydney on the service line. could not be happier with their prompt service and the way the service guy went out of his way to help me.
cheers shane.
AnswerID: 309086

Reply By: P7OFFROAD Accredited Driver Training - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 21:34

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 21:34
That's really unusual, Coleman service is usually fantastic..

I have known them to send replacement items to the next town along the road for the traveller to just wander in and pick up on their way through...

You may have been let down at the retailer end, rather than coleman themselves I fear
AnswerID: 309112

Follow Up By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 21:54

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 21:54
That's really unusual, Coleman service is usually fantastic..

Your spot on there,I'll second that !

Cheers
FollowupID: 575363

Reply By: Wizard1 - Thursday, Jun 12, 2008 at 08:49

Thursday, Jun 12, 2008 at 08:49
I've had two Coleman products replaced under warranty, a HWOD and a folding chair. One thing I did find is that it is the agent or retailer that is the problem and not Coleman.

The HWOD was returned to Kmart for exchange.

We bought a pair of chairs from Amart All SPorts in Darwin. So I call the local Gold Coast store to get it exchanged under warranty. Despite buying it from them they refuse to do an exchange for a new one, but are happy to send it off to Coleman for evaluation, what a crock. So we take it to a local camping shop, no worries, replaced on the spot.

If you get the right one they will help you out and everything is fixed in a jiffy.

Sorry you had a bad experience.
AnswerID: 309423

Reply By: sleepy1 - Wednesday, Jun 18, 2008 at 20:26

Wednesday, Jun 18, 2008 at 20:26
must apologise to Coleman as they have replaced the unit with a new one, wasn't expecting that so thanks Coleman and my apologies.

Peter
AnswerID: 310845

Sponsored Links