Some people just dont' do ebay well....

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 23:56
ThreadID: 58623 Views:2376 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
So.. I'm in the market for a really good stock trailer. Mine is a tandem and has done it hard for the last 22 years.... finally the ferrous oxide cancer has won and I need a replacement....

Found this handy looking one trailer

Made a preliminary lower offer as one does. and he came back with a 'your dreamin' style response,,, so I said 'okay tell me more, I'm ready to bid'.

Basically all I want to know is what type of springs it has, whether it has a compliance plate to back up the claims of its GVM etc... no response... money at the ready and all quiet....

AAArrrgh! Very frustrating and strange. I have the $$$$$$$$ ready and can't trust that it's what it claims to be.

Ah well.... iF you have good stock trailer for sale, then let me know, cos even though this has got 15mins left.... I'm certainly not going to bid on it now..

PS.... not really sure whether this fits the Exploroz thread norms.... but I'm betting lots of you buy like this... maybe vans etc....

Hooroo Royce

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim - Stratford (VIC) - Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 00:22

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 00:22
Royce,

There's one in Maffra (are you down the road in Rosedale?)outside Wiggies in the main street. Give them a call for details - they should be able to 'steer' you in the right direction. The sign said $2200.

Tim.
AnswerID: 309150

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 00:25

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 00:25
Thanks for the tip.... I'll follow it up.
FollowupID: 575172

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Kath - Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 09:10

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 09:10
Tim, you could always 'steer' Royce in the back .............
FollowupID: 575206

Reply By: madfisher - Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 09:47

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 09:47
I do not like ebay, refuse to bid on anything I have not seen. When I was looking to buy a Jack checked one out with a $5000.00 stereo and their was no oil showing on dipstick. Next one has just a trace showing on bottom of stick couldnt believe it.
Good luck Pete
AnswerID: 309181

Reply By: stefan P (Penrith NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 13:17

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 13:17
must have not wanted to sell it.......I have sold a couple of motorbikes on ebay, and went out of my way to help potential buyers, sure you get some tyre kickers but every question is from a potential buyer. Both were sold sight unseen and too happy buyers.

You are right some just don't do it well do they

Cheers Stefan
AnswerID: 309210

Reply By: WA 1968 - Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 18:08

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 18:08
I sold a Box freezer on there recently, had the item up for 5 minutes and was getting emails from people saying am i willing to sell it now and take it off listing...thought why not..then still getting emails from people offering more than the first bidder....Lesson learnt.....perhaps I listed it too cheap.
AnswerID: 309282

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 21:04

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 21:04
perhaps... !!!!

Experienced ebayers take those requests as an indication that there's interest.

First rule of selling. Know what it's worth.
First rule of buying. Know what it's worth.

So experienced ebayers [and op shoppers, and market scroungers etc] look for inexperienced sellers or buyers to make the best buys or sales.

Some ebayers even make a nice living from buying and reselling.

FollowupID: 575340

Reply By: Ozboc - Thursday, Jun 12, 2008 at 22:03

Thursday, Jun 12, 2008 at 22:03
I am regular ebayer - What i have found is that you should only ask 1 question per email

EVERY single time i have asked 2 - 3 - they Only answer one at a time - its beyond a sellers mental capacity / attention span to answer more than one question per email

Example -- I recently wanted to purchase a Vintage DemiJohn ( this is a stoneware jug )

No details on size or Capacity --- so i shoot of an email

"Hi there could you give me a very rough estimate of the capacity of this item In litres "

Now anyone with half a brain can give an estimate- you look at a bottle of softdrink - you know -- 1.25 litres --- you look at a paint tin -- 5 litres - milk container --- 2 litres or 3 --- we all have a very good idea of estimating ...

Her reply -- "Hi dosent say ltrs on pottery sorry"

wow she took a lot of time to think of that --- I then shoot another email --- Please take a wild guess at how much this item could hold --- 2 litres 20 liters 50 liters 100 liters ( last few were sarcastic)

got another reply -- " Have no idea - here are the dimensions blah blah blah " -- ends up being 1 Gallon after 30 seconds of working out......

Simple people cant answer simple questions --An Item im looking at -- I ask 3 SIMPLE questions

"HI can you tell me the condition of the item , Can i come view the item and what suburb are you located ??"

reply -" Its good " ........

Ok i then re ask - can i come have a look at the item - and what suburb do you live .....

Reply --- Yes you can .......

I then resend for the third time -- What suburb do you live in ....

Reply " NSW"

- im over it by this stage -- not going to buy from this person - but i continue to play this stupid game ....

Remail -- i need to know where you are so i can come look at the item -- can i have your suburb and mobile number ...

Reply ---- South Coast .....

The email again --- South coast goes from wollongong to the Boarder of Victoria - so please be more specific ...

he reply with the post code - Nothing else not the name or any other words ... Just a Post code ....

I finally gave up ..... shame for him as the price he sold it for i would have paid more for .....

Boc
AnswerID: 309596

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 00:03

Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 00:03
Boc... you are so right!
FollowupID: 575574

Sponsored Links