Nissan 2004 3Litre 3Inch Exhaust

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 14:23
ThreadID: 58639 Views:1359 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Howdy All : I have a 2004 Gu 3Litre Auto Patrol. I would like to have a 3 Inch exhaust fitted, complete from Turbo to Rear, I have noted in other Posts, that there seems to be confusion, in that it may cause damage by over/boost, due to the increased flow. Could someone offer reliable info on this matter or any thing else that may arise from this fitment. I reside in Alice Springs and plan on holidaying in Adelaide shortly. I would hate to break down half way back as a result of the above. The Missus would kill me. Also could anyone sugest a good place to get the job done in Adelaide. Thank you.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nutta - Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 15:51

Wednesday, Jun 11, 2008 at 15:51
I'm a bit paranoid answering you as it can result in ATTACKS from other users on the forums as the 3.0l can be a bit dodgy.

But anyway, you could go to patrol4x4.com, they've got plenty on the site, just do a search.

If you cant find anything just post a new thread, you'll get plenty of help!

Cheers ,Wayne
AnswerID: 309251

Reply By: Chaz - Thursday, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:20

Thursday, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:20
Greg,

Even though I didn’t do it, I would recommend ordering one of the pre fabricated systems by Vortex or Beaudesert. They are proven and seem to be well made. Fitting could be done by your local exhaust shop if you didn’t want to tackle it.

I used a Beaudesert dump and tail section, but made the rest up myself because they couldn’t supply exactly what I was after, but in hindsight, I would have saved myself a lot of time and effort if I just bought the complete system and modified it to my requirements.

Fitting a boost and EGT gauge should be the first thing you do before any other modifications because lowering your boost will be necessary, particularly if you choose not to use a cat or any mufflers. It’s easy to do and can save some grief in the long run.
AnswerID: 309443

Sponsored Links