Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:47
ThreadID: 5866 Views:3248 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Everyone,

Now with my left knee becoming more mobile after the op I still am unable to activate the clutch pedal on my G60. Have scoured the internet for Auto Diesel 4x4's but haven't found anything affordable yet. Some time ago I obtained advertising material from a Perth based company on a system called Click'nGo.

Basically it is an electronic device that, and I quote, " enables you to enhance the drivability of your manual transmission vehicle by the introduction of an automatic clutch system. After installing Click'nGo you enjoy the comfort of an automatic transmission whilst maintaining the sporting fun, control and fuel efficiency of the manually operated transmission. The heart of the system, the Motor Unit, is mounted under the bonnet and controlled via dedicated electronics. A cable is connected to the clutch pedal, allowing Click'nGo to engage and disengage the clutch as required"

The cost of this kit fitted was quoted at around $1900 ($1300 for the unit alone).
Their website is

I am also looking at devising a a manually operated clutch controller. Got to keep the grey matter working.

Does anyone have any experience with such devices? Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bruce.h (WA) - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:46

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:46
you could contact the civilian maimed & limbless society, they should have plans for hand controls for vehicles or would point you in the right direction for where they could be obtained
Regards bruce
AnswerID: 24456

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:57

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:57
Yea contact some rehab places, thats where i got my car modified through for my dud leg.

Remember if you go with something like this, add an Engineers Cert $$ to the parts and labour.
AnswerID: 24460

Follow Up By: GOB member vic - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 18:43

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 18:43
hey truckster silly question but when you get these mods done as well as the eng cetr do you have to notify vic roads and get your licence marked for modified car and all the b/s that goes with it
steveits arrived just got to get photo and download
only 32 sleeps to go then off nth to darwin yeah
FollowupID: 16460

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 18:47

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 18:47

Yes. You take the engineers report to Vicroads, or RTA etc, and they mark it on the computer as a modified vehicle.

Vicroads part Took me 10 mins and costs nothing.
FollowupID: 16462

Reply By: relaxed- Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 23:01

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 23:01
Hi Willem,
I'm guessing your just really bored to be thinking of something like this. Mate, thats a lot of money for something that you won't need for ever. My Mum was 73 when she had a knee replacement, it put her out of action for about a fortnight and a couple months later, I reckon she could out run me (probably not, but you get my drift). Anyway mate, you will get your strength back, at least enough to push a clutch down, its still early days isn't it? Hey if a 73 year older can do it I'm sure you could.
AnswerID: 24519

Follow Up By: Member - Willem- Wednesday, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:40

Wednesday, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:40
Thanks Truckster and Bruce for your answers. Will check it out. If I do make a modification I won't bother with an engineers certificate. Who the hell is going to know any different? Anyway there are no vehicle inspection regulations here in South Oz...YET !!!
Hey Relaxed...Good on your Mum. She must be a bionic woman. Everyone reacts differently to this operation but I am doing OK after three weeks. My problem with the old G60 is that I changed the seats which gave me less legroom. Now I will have to reconfigure the seat and hopefully within the next month or so I will be able to access the clutch. No I am not bored...never get bored....but it is good to look for alternative ways to alleviate unnecessary stress which I might have to put on my knee. I might be able to shift the clutch pedal to a different position. Keeps the mind occupied.

Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
FollowupID: 16486

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Jen - Wednesday, Jul 09, 2003 at 21:01

Wednesday, Jul 09, 2003 at 21:01
G'day Willem, Good to see you are making headway and looking to get back on the road. have you considered a power assisted clutch setup as this would make the clutch lighter. The trouble is it may be more expensive than the other setups you have talked about. Exercise your leg gently to start with and you will be amazed how it will gather strength over the weeks ahead. Good on ya, cheers Geoff& Jen
AnswerID: 24572

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)