Motorway Monoform Tyres

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:54
ThreadID: 5867 Views:5610 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with Motorway Monoform tyres? I was wondering if their Mud Terrain would be any good as the tread pattern looks very similar to the BFG muds. They would be 30x9.50R15 to go on a Vitara.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BJ42turbo - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:28

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:28
I was researching tyres a few months back and was seriously considering the monoforms, that was untill i went into a local Bob Jane store. They had a near new monform on display that had disintdegrated. I know there was probbaly and reason for the self destruction e.g wrong presures but it still scared me away from them. My families lives far outweigh the money saved. Have said this if they are intended for off road only i reacon they would be cool..........Dazz
AnswerID: 24455

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:55

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:55
Apparently they are not very good on heavy cars, but light ones are not bad. Zook *should* be ok. What do you expect for the price is the way I look at it.

GQ mate had them on they fell apart, mate with a surf, has had 3 BUBBLE on him! Center of the tread has this bubble in it, take it back and no problems with warranty though

Looked at some 33in Mongerals at local place the other day, with Centipede tread with no side lugs though, they really looked the goods. Shame really.

I agree with the other bloke, my family is worth more than that though.
AnswerID: 24459

Reply By: Stu - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 16:58

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 16:58
I bought some last August and have no problems with them.
They are 31 x 10.5 with the All Terrain tread pattern.
I bought them in Melbourne and drove back to Brisbane at 110Kph.

No problems in the wet and I am happy with them on road.

They were replacing a Yokohama tyre that blew while I was passing a caravan on the way to Melbourne. Don't know who was more scared - me or the people towing the caravan.

I've got a Daihatsu Rocky that weighs in at 1850 KG.

All I can say is they seem OK to me and they do comply to Australian standards.

Stu
AnswerID: 24486

Reply By: diamond (bendigo) - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 18:03

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 18:03
gday cj.
you might find one or two people who say are good but believe me i can vouch for 100s of others who say there crap.
believe me they are.
i had 1 guy who bought them because his nan has an acount at another tyre place so he bought them there(we refuse to sell them)who after 8 im not kidding or lying claims they fitted new tyres he put new on front and remoulds or the rear originally so 4 sets of rear claims.and thats just 1 story.
you woould be better of bying the cheapest new if its a case of money than bying remoulds.new job coming so no fraser this time:-((
AnswerID: 24490

Sponsored Links