Nissans-Piranha Showers & Fitting

Submitted: Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 06:08
ThreadID: 58707 Views:2578 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I have finally retired the old B2600 Mazda and replaced it with a spanking new 3ltr Nissan Patrol.

We have fitted a new battery management system and Andersen Plug and wired it for trailer lights etc...:

The next job is to fit the Piranha Hot Shower System which was the only bit I salvaged from the Mazda. Madam is really much happier when she can have her hot shower.

Has anyone out there fitted this unit to a late model 3ltr Diesel Nissan?
Is there anything peculiar about the Nissan water recirculation system of which I need to be aware. The plumbing under the Nissan bonnet is certainly more complex than the old Mazda. I don't wish to hack into the plumbing and find that I have interfered with the turbo cooling or whatever.

Any info would be appreciated.

Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Signman - Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 15:14

Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 15:14
Maybe Piranha would have a fittings kit with instructions for the Nissan??

AnswerID: 309695

Follow Up By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 16:14

Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 16:14
Signman,

I will if necessary contact Piranha, I don't wish to sound defeatist, however the so called fitting kit that came with the original unit to suit the Mazda was more than a little "how yer doing".

A fitting kit per se is the least of my worries, I can fabricate brackets etc: as I finished up doing for the Mazda. I'm more concerned about tapping into the car heater system. I'm not aware if it has any "funnies" of which I need to be aware.

I was hoping that someone out there had fitted one to the latest series common rail Patrol.

However! As suggested Piranha will be a port of call.

Regards,

Ian
FollowupID: 575654

Reply By: geocacher (djcache) - Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 23:42

Friday, Jun 13, 2008 at 23:42
Just fitted mine to my 4.2 TD.

I can take some photos for you as I need to for my website anyway. I'll PM you my phone number and you can ring me if you like.

The Heat Exchanger mounts up to the intercooler rack forward of the intercooler with a little fabrication work.

Grungle's got a good page on his Patrol site on various shower installs. Take a look at Grungle's shower page

Dave
AnswerID: 309795

Follow Up By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 14, 2008 at 08:09

Saturday, Jun 14, 2008 at 08:09
Thanks Dave,

I'll have a look at those photos' to start. Mine is a three litre and that damned ABS Stuff takes up some of the under bonnet room.

Ian
FollowupID: 575781

Follow Up By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 14, 2008 at 20:17

Saturday, Jun 14, 2008 at 20:17
Dave,
Thank you for M.Ming the phone number, much appreciated.

Ian
FollowupID: 575971

Sponsored Links