End of ignorant HF questions (well, as least for now :-)))))

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 21:20
ThreadID: 58827 Views:2089 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks everyone who helped me sort out my HF problem. Now it on the right track.

Especially I like to thanks Tony for helping me sort out earthing problem (mate, it makes *A LOT OF* difference!) and David who encouraged me to participate into skeds. Thank you, mates.

However like to say that this HF communication (propagation in particular) has nothing to do with science, but rather something to do with witching – I could not hear Adelaide on channel 2 al all despite hearing very clearly people from as far as Alice Springs. On channel 1, however, reception was from 4 to 5 out of 5. Strange indeed.

Cheers
Serg
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kiwi Kia - Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 08:55

Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 08:55
Hi Serg, Welcome to the 'Real' world of HF radio !
AnswerID: 310274

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian (SA) - Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:11

Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:11
True Serg re the strangeness - HF is mostly good all the time and on occasions, a disappointment if you really want to comm with someone in particular at a particular time - the main thing (the really important thing for me) is that when the chips are down, you will get somebody on one channel or another, somewhere !
If you regularly do radio checks and say g'day on skeds, you'll soon be getting all the comms and info you need.
AnswerID: 310279

Sponsored Links