TYRE SIZE ON 4X4 VEHICALS UPDATE - WOW

Submitted: Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 14:04
ThreadID: 58849 Views:2410 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I posted a tyre size problem on here a few weeks ago. I am currently 40mm over the standard manufacturer size.

I got some realy good feedback on here and also some leads. I have followed these leads up and I am happy to present these findings.

I would like to say this has all come about with the initial ground work from a guy called Allan on the 'new Hilux' web site, who spent considerable time on the phone with Vic Roads. I have realy only confirmed his findings.

NOW -

I visited Vic Roads after deciding not to wait on the phone for 25minuites and have confirmed they have adopted the 'NCOP' - National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction Bulletin 14 ( tyres, rims, suspension and steering)

This is a quote from the bulletin PAGE16:
"The overall diameter of any tyre fitted to an off-road passenger vehicle or a commercial vehicle must not be more than 50mm larger or 26mm smaller than that of any tyre designated by the vehicle manufacturer for that model"
See the link to confirm your self PAGE 16:
Site Link
I asked them why they have not changed their web site which still states +/_ 15mm ??
He replied that it is scheduled to be updated soon, but the staff know this has been adopted.( This is not Allans experience - he asked 4 times and got conflicting answers)

Hope this takes the weight off somebodys sholders out there.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - David P (VIC) - Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 14:36

Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 14:36
Either way a REPUTABLE tyre dealer should know his onions shouldn't he?
AnswerID: 310325

Follow Up By: WorkingNavara - Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 15:07

Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 15:07
Should.
At times Vic Roads is still not sure, depending who you get.

BUT I have confirmed with somebody higher up , not a puppet at the front that this has been adopted.
FollowupID: 576346

Reply By: GoneTroppo Member (FNQ) - Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 18:16

Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 18:16
That is excellent news, good on you for persevering 'till you got the answer.

My only trouble is that I'm now 95% living in Queensland I'll have to wait until Qld adopts it also.
Does anyone have an update on where Qld is up to with this?
AnswerID: 310368

Sponsored Links