a report

Submitted: Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 22:32
ThreadID: 58872 Views:1950 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Tis now day/evening of day 2 week 10 of our 6 mth sojourn, arrived in Derby this afternoon and have set up camp ,,weather is hot ,, our travells so far =10,300klm ,, started Bris ,Bundaberg, Herveybay,Jandowae,Mitchell,Windorrah,HaddonsCnr,CordilloDowns,Innaminka, CameronCnr then back down the Strezlekie and down to PortAugusta followed by Woomera ,RoxbyDowns and the BoreTrack to join the Odnaddatta track to WilliamCreek ,PinkRoadhouse to Marla ,, boring blackstuff to Ularu and then to KingsCanyon , dirt rough as it gets via the "loop" to Alice and the Tanami"road" to HallsCreek ,, Broome for 7 days + some bush camping at Quandong Pt for 5 days ,, off to Karratha on a 2000k detour to visit friends via a 5 day stop at 80 mile beach to try for the threadfin salmon ,,, 4 nights in Karratha and then a quick drive back north ,,,,,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 07:27

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 07:27
Give us a fright Axel.....what are the diesel and unleaded prices like?

Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 310447

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:05

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:05
Axel when you get to 80 Mile Beach do a run North along the beach. We only went as far as the 1.5k mark but a couple of guys who were camped at the same time as us drove up to a river mouth and came back with two 14kg Threadfin Salmon (gutted). Things were head and tail over the 100's tailgate.
I had to contend with a couple of 1kg sized ones & a small bronze whaler shark close to the van pk. Will know next time.

Great place. Make sure you've stocked up with nibblies and your favorite drop to herald the sunset in with. BTW sun rise looks like coming from the North due to the orientation of the bay that 80 Mile Beach is in.

Whilst in Derby and your finances allow do the Horizontal Waterfalls flight. The one we did allowed me to go fishing for an hour. Excellent fun and value, albeit expensive.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 310472

Sponsored Links